VS Mac Beta

Mods set in/based on the Vega Strike Universe. Black Paralysis, Fleet Commander, Pax Imperium: The Gathering, and others
lowededwookie
Trader
Trader

VS Mac Beta

Post by lowededwookie »

I've downloaded the new beta for 0.5.0 and it's really nice only in Windowed mode it plays slower than a snail on sleeping pills and the graphics look like snot.

In fullscreen mode it plays real well although the textures on planets seem to disappear once you've left Cephid 17.

I love the new fonts and the better structured menus although it threw me a bit with some of the weapons and reactors etc.

All in all it plays well on my Intel Mac Mini (aside from the aforementioned Window mode). Will play longer when I get time.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

this is extremely valuable information
I was afraid everything would break down on the intel cards---and I'm happy that most things work great....

can you hit F5 (may need to hold down the fn key to get behind your ship) and take a screenshot using the 'i' key

then in a /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
type

open ~/.vegastrike
and find textures/screenshot image and post here---I want to see how it looks on intel

as for other systems looking whitish--I think we found the problem there... safem0de is testing as we speak
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/