svn game experience

Mods set in/based on the Vega Strike Universe. Black Paralysis, Fleet Commander, Pax Imperium: The Gathering, and others
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

svn game experience

Post by pheldens »

Seems to be a little too busy, ingame map is unusable because of density of ships.

Most jumpports are guarded by nasty pirates which is fun, untill you're underarmed.

any trade tips?
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

- the increased traffic has become less annoying after some gameplay.
- impressive explosion waves when you destroy pirates lol.
- trading remains hard, profit is never over ~5%
- savegames that are loaded, reset the base tradegood counters to the values they were when you entered the base. Even when you bought goods at the base and put them in your cargo bays before saving. Thats exploitable, save/load/trade/save/load/trade/etc would fill you up bays nicely.
Last edited by pheldens on Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Map tips: go to jumpnode graph, and leave it there. Don't ever use the system map until it's been fixed.

Pirates: should become easier when the other factions (the friendly-to-you factions) start shooting back. They don't yet because of problems with the dataset which is still a bit inconsistent in some places.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

- Sometimes I get 2 waypoints, and 2 associated "steer this way" triangles in my hud at the same time. What causes this?

- When doing a trade mission, I'm told to go into a wormhole port, but it's position doesnt match the wireframe model. and neither inside the wireframe, nor on the spot where my radar says 0 km , does the jumpdrive work. I do have a jumpdrive verified.

isnt it strange there would be these kind of bugs in a game thats been around this long?
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

when wormhole jumpport wireframes are slightly red/orange, does it mean they are broken?
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

- Else I'd like to report a broken jumpport to Lisacc, which is problematic since it's used in missions.

- what is the function of LOCK? is it 'being locked'? or your own weapon systems 'having a lock'? since it behaves like 'being locked by someone'

I'm not talking about missile lock, which does work properly.
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

- locklight disambiguation is fixed in revised ph01_cockpit
- jumpports not working probably was a missing FTL capacitor