Rescueing/capturing pilots/escape pods consequences

Mods set in/based on the Vega Strike Universe. Black Paralysis, Fleet Commander, Pax Imperium: The Gathering, and others
DarkVixen
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Rescueing/capturing pilots/escape pods consequences

Post by DarkVixen »

I'm not sure where this topic goes but it was something that bothered me about the "social" aspect of the game play (in the Vegastrike universe).

When you tractor in a pilot/escape pod (not from a mission), and then fly to base and "sell" it, describes things in the trade description as if you were "selling the pilot into slavery".

I was thinking if there could be a way to retain the pilot's faction after tractoring him in and then when you go to a base to "sell" you could release or enslave at your option.

The reason and outcome would be that you could change your popularity climate rating for the faction that the pilot belonged to.

Thus you can do good deeds or bad deeds, so to speak. I think we need game options (and games) in which we can be good or bad.

For example, if you were flying about in peace and being bugged by an Area who kept attacking you and you were forced to destroy his ship, but then rescued him, you should be able to release him and then you favoritisim would go up on the good side for the Area faction (very small and incrementally for said faction of course).
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: Rescueing/capturing pilots/escape pods consequences

Post by TBeholder »

Yup. There seems to be an option (in commands, too), it's on baseinterface level.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter