Idears what to include to Vega Strike

Mods set in/based on the Vega Strike Universe. Black Paralysis, Fleet Commander, Pax Imperium: The Gathering, and others
Vortex
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Idears what to include to Vega Strike

Post by Vortex »

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum but not this new to vega strike^^ I'd played the 0.5.1 beta 2 at last and I think i have some cool idears for vega strike to make it cooler. :D
Not only because I like the game but also I wanted to make my own spacesim, but I dont hva the knowlege :-).

Here are my ideras for VS 1.0.0 maybe :D

1) Moving on planetes, ships, spacestations etc.

I think it would be impresive if you can walk on a planete etc. with a 3D game character through the rooms of a ship or a spacestation in order to get to the differed destinations.
I'm not sure how complex this would be for the surface of a planete, but there could be a city or a base where you can walk throgh.
Or you fly with youre ship over the surface if it is not to big :).

2) Own planetes, spacestations, fleets and big ships

I also think it would be really cool to own planetes, spacestations etc. like Duality said in the topic "Vega Strike MMORPG/My take on a VS MMO".
My ideras to realize tihis is that there can be control points on a planete, which you can assume by standing there for a while with you character, each of these control points could be add a region of the planete where it is on to the players ownership or you buy a region, a planete etc. :)
I also imagene if you've got over 50% of all control points on the planete you own the whole planete.
To own spacestations could be also possible if you've got enough money to build one^^.

3) Fleets

Like Duality also said in the topic "Vega Strike MMORPG/My take on a VS MMO" it would be nice if you can form fleets with AI characters in order to attack another fleet or station etc. what you want.
Oh and I think it would be nice if big ships can have a hyperspace drive in order to get some where with out flying through jump points^^, the drive could be work like this:
There could be a menu like shipmenu "Shift+M" where you can select the sector, the system and the planete or spacestation.
The ship would appear in the near of the selected traged. :D

4) Fights with out ships

Like I said in point 1) it would be nice to have a character to walk on a planete etc. it could be that you must fight against enemys on a spacestation etc. with some laser or plasmaweaposn which you can buy for you charakter in shops

5) Shipyard and other shops

For this point I have only a small idear^^ whats about having a 3D preview of the ships and upgrades insteat of the image? :)

6) Making still existing things better

Like I told I play VS such a longer time :) and there are some thing I would make better. :)
- I think the textures of planetes and spacestations could be more detailed
- Saving the game any where, not only on ships, planetes or spacestations

I think this is it, I hope these idears ar not to impossible or difficult to realize :D

Have a nice day you all :D
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: Idears what to include to Vega Strike

Post by pheonixstorm »

Much of this has been discussed in various placed. Some ideas will make it while others will not, mostly due to lack of developers working on the project.

If you have any knowledge of C++ or python find ways to contribute. Code patches, tweaks etc.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

And a welcome aboard vortex as pheonixstorm said good ideas but not new :wink: And game play is not all that slow just space travel from point to point which is not that surprising when one actually looks at the numbers and reality and remember our mission statement to have real physics in-game.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Vortex
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by Vortex »

Yes the realy cool physics is one of the reasons why I like the game this much :)
I hope I can be usefull for the vega strike project in future :)

thx for the fast answers :)
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

If you read over the development forums there are a lot of good ideas floating around. Look em over and see if you can improve on them or see if they spark a new ideas.

Also, all the game files are within reach for editing, so if you want to make changes that we can look over and add into the game with out having to learn how to code visit the wiki (or even help us to update the wiki) and learn how some of the other files work so you can tweak, mod, and balance to your hearts content.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo