Suggestion

Discuss the Vega Wars mod(s) for the Vega Strike Engine

Moderator: hurleybird

vegafan
Trader
Trader

Suggestion

Post by vegafan »

I personally would like this mod to have all ships from all eras in it, like the freeworlds mod for freelancer, I like to be able to fight in different eras.
I actually started work on my own mod based on this one because it didn't look like there was any work being made on this one, but it's not going well so far.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

That sounds do-able but this Mod's lead has not been active for quite a while :( might need to use some way of choosing the era at game start so anachronistic ships don't show up probably using separate units.csv and master_parts_list.csv for each era that may be tricky to code though what kind of problems are you having as i imagine that Beowulf might appreciate a bit of help :wink: just post with them and we will see where it leads 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Beowulf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Beowulf »

As loki1950 guessed I'm quite busy in RL right now so if anyone wants to continue this mod based on what I've done so far just go ahead and give it a try. If I can spare the time at a later point I'll help developing this mod again but right now I really don't have the time.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way, will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Glad to see your sig again :D so i will try to encourage any newcomers to dig in :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Moe479
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Moe479 »

hmmm i also play with idear using vegstrike to bring starwas in for qiute a long time, old,rusty,limited fl needs to be replaced, but many needed things r still missing:

energytransfer from forward to rear shiels and vice versa, and even more sides for capital ships, or diffrent fire modes to make things like crossfire on an x-wing possible, and atleast a fullfeatured multiplayer like fl got + the abiltiy to flight ships together and serve with a ship as fighter-base (otherwise isds and other carriers r not realy rewarding flying them)

also mounting and realeasing cargomodules in space would be intresting

no im not a freaking coder, its no gain for me to read trough thousend of sourcode-lines to get to the point hacking somthing in that do what i want, im a modder/content designer and 3d/texture-artist. thats fairly enough to deal with for me, the functionality must come with the engine so i havent to bother with at all, writing csv- and xml-files should be enough to get evrything you need into the game.

vegastrike is far far away from that point in the current status, shaders, other gfx-tweaks and file-renaming seems to be more important than useabilty and gamplay-features (indeed some where removed with 0.5).

i cant use the latest additions on windows, cause there r no regular updated binarys for win32 in the cvs (no linux is not an option atm, but i still hope it will be one day)