babylon 5 mod WIP (BIG PICTURES)

Discuss the Babylon 5 mod(s) for the Vega Strike Engine

Moderator: etheral walker

Language of Hope

FirstOnes?

Post by Language of Hope »

Hi, I found your project "by accident", or nearly so.
I am webmaster of a German website about B5 fan projects, and member of the FirstOnes.com community (although not often there lately due to too much work).

I don't have time to read all pages in this thread (especially because it takes a long time to load :? ), so if this has been brought on earlier, please take my apology (and just ignore this post :wink: ).

Have you had contact to members of FirstOnes.com yet? I strongly suggest showing yourself there and asking for help if you need. The people over there are usually very happy to help (and be it only criticism and comments). BTW, did you know some over there already noticed VegaStrike?

... after all, I would be happy to add your project (and updates) to my website (and will do soon). Good luck with your project!
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

Hi,
I already had a look to firstones.com to found some ideas (I was looking for cockpits images and description, but it seems it's the only mod mod ever made on B5 universe with 3d cockpits). I sent a mail to an admin about my mod but never received anything, but I admit the title of my mail should be interpreted as junk mail, as my english is a bit "special" ;)
Never saw that post ;) seems older than my idea to make a mod on B5 for vegastrike ;) What' s your website? I will be happy to see my mod announced on other sites. Fell free to take contact with me, all my infos are availables trough my forum profile
I see dead polygons....
Language of Hope

You're linked ;-)

Post by Language of Hope »

http://www.sprungtor.de/content.php?cid=62

I hope that some more people can find you now...
BTW, I also mentioned that a Python programmer would be needed for missions.
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

Nice! Thanks for your support ;) I should retry to post something, as it seems tuxfamily's problems are not on a good way to be solved
I see dead polygons....
JoE_SancheZ

Post by JoE_SancheZ »

Hi all,
What's the status of this mod? The given homepage is still empty :))
The models are really nice, go on guys!
----
a b5 fan
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

I tried again to upload it, and finally I updated 1 thing, and another, and ...
For the website, I'm currently, thanks to Language of Hope, finding some hosting facilities on firstones. I still didn't do anything for a web page (not even an idea for the graphical theme ;) ), I was quite busy last months.
I see dead polygons....
JoE__
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Post by JoE__ »

well, I cant promise anything, but I would make a page for it, if you dont have skill/time. That's my job sometimes.
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

I just connected back to say that in addition I don't speak html and php very well ;) Well if you can help me by doing a web page I would be very happy ;)
I see dead polygons....

Post by Guest »

JoE_SancheZ did it ;)
http://www.mehok.uni-miskolc.hu/~biga/b5/index.php
still a bit empty but I'm urging myself to post some new screens and updates about the status
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

last was mine
I see dead polygons....
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

Now you just need to add some content, a screenshot for each of the ships you've created, and then you can announce it on Freshmeat and Happypenguin!
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

yes, it will come soon, I should urge myself to post something playable :roll:
I see dead polygons....
JoE__

Post by JoE__ »

hi all,
i've added a domain alias at dot.tk, the page can be accessed here too: http://www.babylon5chronicles.tk

Post by Guest »

I'd help (have some Python experience), but whenever I download VegaStrike, it has some errors which don't allow me to unpack it :( And no, I can't just run setup.exe coz' I run Linux :)

But I guess you can contact me anyway, maybe we can sort that out.

ry2n1@tlen.pl
JoE__

Post by JoE__ »

unpack or you meant compile? (which distrib?)
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

under linux you should grab the RPMS, or compile it yourself. the exe is, as you signaled, unusefull under linux ;)
I see dead polygons....
Norlion
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Ship and Station modeling- combining with other team

Post by Norlion »

Hello. I am Norlion the Producer of the Babylon 5 TC for Freelancer. While this project is seperate from yours we are both working on modeling with which we could comgine our efforts. I need more ships and stations and you do too. I've played Vega Strike and it was fun. I will definately play you mod upon completion. http://slb5mod.no-ip.com/forums/index.p ... act=SC&c=2 This is the forum site. We use milkshape for the most part. RubberEagle is my main modeler at the moment. We both want these mods out sooner rather than later with some combined effort in the modeling arena we can help each other.
Creation is 1% inspiration and 99% Persperation
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

sure we're always happy to share moels with other mods...

and when it's released the models will be open source and ready to integrate as well...
lets hope that it's possible

what do you folks have
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
RubberEagle

Post by RubberEagle »

This is from memory:
we have the T-Bolt finished (modeled and textured), the Aurora Starfury modelled (no textures yet), the hyperion modelled, the Omega with older textures, a relatively low-poly maintenence fury, a Sharlin with bad textures, a rough b5 model (with even worse textures), a pretty high-poly nial (no textures), a Raider Zephyr fighter (though this is not by me, i have to check with the original modeller if i'm allowed to pass this on). We also have a standard container-freighter model that needs some serious overhauling.
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

I mainly miss vorlon ships and renders for bases and other docking places. I want too to add some custom space stations, based on babylon 5 graphical style but totally original. I really need to urge myself to post my alpha, and soon after I will release all my meshes, as 3ds and lwo files, under license "art libre" (free art, I think).
Do you plan to release original meshes? Just let me make a first release and we should check together what is missing where in each mods and see how we can fill it
I see dead polygons....
RubberEagle

Post by RubberEagle »

Yes, in the long run, we probably will have a few original modells..
Currently the only one in development is a heavier Raider Capship.

Btw, ships i forgot in the list: EA personell shuttle (boxy one), untextured and the Whitestar ("basic" modelling finished, only detail stuff needs to be done (cutting holes for the guns, welding the parts together))
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

for now my only original finished ship is a special whitestar, and I may put a special space port where you can dock even hugest ships
I see dead polygons....
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

etheral walker wrote:I mainly miss vorlon ships and renders for bases and other docking places. I want too to add some custom space stations, based on babylon 5 graphical style but totally original. I really need to urge myself to post my alpha, and soon after I will release all my meshes, as 3ds and lwo files, under license "art libre" (free art, I think).
Do you plan to release original meshes? Just let me make a first release and we should check together what is missing where in each mods and see how we can fill it
You could do what everybody else is and use the Creative Commons license. ;)
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

lol you'r true, I was fond fo the art libre license because it's a french thing (rewwwlez) , I will read your one
I see dead polygons....
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

12941 polygons with all parts at lod0, you can estimate it around 8000 polys draws on screen when lods switch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I see dead polygons....