etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

ok, it seems I get ride of my problems, a vree saucer for this day:
I see dead polygons....
Andûr

Post by Andûr »

BTW, you can download Maya PLE for winXP and OSX for free at http://www.alias.com/eng/products-servi ... _ple.shtml
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

there is no export script ml to xmesh, and as I already said, I prefer lightwave gui.
I see dead polygons....
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

... and some improvments for my nova dreadnought. I thing the polycount is the final one, but I have 3 parts, nose /middle/bottom with some lods and a general lod, from far
I see dead polygons....
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

...and babylon 4, 2800 polys so far, but it will decrease, there are still many hidden polygons which will be deleted
I see dead polygons....
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

By he way, I remember an old thread speaking about making solar systems in wings3d. Is it true?
And I'm wasting hours and hours hunting for textures or nice screenshots of differents planets and space backgrounds for my mod, does anybody got some nice bookmarks and planets maps?
I see dead polygons....
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

etheral walker wrote:By he way, I remember an old thread speaking about making solar systems in wings3d. Is it true?
And I'm wasting hours and hours hunting for textures or nice screenshots of differents planets and space backgrounds for my mod, does anybody got some nice bookmarks and planets maps?
No you are not. Currently this is just an idea floating in the air waiting to be realised somehow ;-)
Also irt wouldn't help you texture the palnets or makes the textures for you. The basic idea was to help you placing the planets in space (including the orbits and stuff)

Pontiac
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

For orbits and position ther is some things in celestia, I will study if it is possible to convert there universe files
I see dead polygons....
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

some light upgrades in the texture map, a sinle 2048*2048 image. The more hard is to imagine that this station will only appear 1 or 2 times in the campaign, has it has been stolen 24 hours after being operationnal ;)
I see dead polygons....
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

well, some improvments to my hyperion, I think I will add some nurnies wbecause polycount is fairly low on this one, even if I didn't made antennas so soon:
I see dead polygons....
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

well, it is not the hardest one, but I need such ones for a mission, even if the mesh is not really impressive, the texture is a nice little drawing exercise. The polycount is a bit low, but I don't think it need much. What's your feeling?
I see dead polygons....
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

not quite in the same leage as your others ;-)

Maybe an earth alliance shuttle would be better...it could be used in more situations then just the small cargo pod....

Dan.a
ATStriker
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

have both

Post by ATStriker »

it is good for what it is, just dont make people use it much.
-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

In fact I want to use it if I can make a stealht mission, something like "escape with the first ship you can take, and try to go out undetected if you want to live enough to find a reall fighter" It seems hard to program, but I have some nices results in a big wreck field by decreasing ennemies sensors range, even if it needs many many playbalancing ;)
I see dead polygons....
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

Wow, more than 3000 views for this post ;)
I see dead polygons....
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

I'm desesperatly looking for free music on babylon 5 theme, and I'm absolutely unable to make any kind of music, I'm defintly not an audio artist :oops: . Have you got some links, or some help to provide?
I see dead polygons....
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

etheral walker wrote:I'm desesperatly looking for free music on babylon 5 theme, and I'm absolutely unable to make any kind of music, I'm defintly not an audio artist :oops: . Have you got some links, or some help to provide?
Have you tried the home of Christopher Franke's music?
http://www.sonicimages.com/ -> Christopher Franke -> Audio
(check you the Drama files)

and especially the midi section under
http://www.sonicimages.com/ -> Christopher Franke -> MIDI Files
My Midi playback is currently broken, so i can't tell you if they are any good.
Also I don't know if Franke is giving them away for reuse or something :?

Pontiac
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

those musics are not free of rights. I think somesounds from here http://b5.sdvc.uwyo.edu/bab5/ should be ok, but the quality is really good for some, and absolutely awfull for some others ;)
If I can only find a free version of the 2 or 3 main songs, it will be enough for the first beta, I hope.
I see dead polygons....
pontiac
Elite
Elite

Post by pontiac »

Damn, I think i just overdrawn my download limit (10GB) ;-)
I think I will search through this site next month :roll:

.... one moment, I just got a really 'great' idea. Since most of the cool music isn't free of copyright issues and we cannot include them with (any) the mods why not just write a script that downloads them for every user (which is legal i think, but i may be wrong) from their home location.

Is this idea any good, or is it better to leave it to every single user to download what he wants if we don't find more free music?

Pontiac
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

It a nice idea, I didn't thought about this way of making things ;)
The only thing which annoy me is that it will be the only thing non gpl in the game, but, how can I say, if I make a little wget script which print out the url and some infos about the compositor, it will be a nice beginning ;)
We can begin like that, and after finding some peoples who can help, as far as it is not "critical" for the gameplay ;)
I see dead polygons....
pontiac
Elite
Elite

Post by pontiac »

etheral walker wrote:The only thing which annoy me is that it will be the only thing non gpl in the game, but, how can I say, if I make a little wget script which print out the url and some infos about the compositor, it will be a nice beginning ;)
That's exactly the way i meant it :D

<nitpick>
And the music files wouldn't be the only non-gpl part of the game, because they are not IN the game at all ;-)
</nitpick>

Pontiac
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

<evil mode switch on> :twisted: :twisted: really clever idea :twisted: :twisted: <evil mode switch off>
I think I will "overdraw" this annoyance for now, and think again about it later. I will try to find a linux user community of a music soft and post a contest, in the futur.
I see dead polygons....
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

well, back something I can do with a computer, modelling ;)
the triad, usefull ship in case of lack of firepower during a battle :twisted:
I think it will stay as a NPC (don't take care of polycount, the real one is 707, now, as it was some unseen polys during the screenshot) :
I see dead polygons....
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

ok, the texture map seems to fit, even if for this meshe I think I will spend some hours on guns and lightning ;)
I see dead polygons....
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

slowly but surely coming, my 30th ship for this mod ;)
I see dead polygons....