Ablative Hull Armor Generators

Discuss the Star Trek mod(s) for the Vega Strike Engine

Moderators: tillias, Jennos, peteyg

Is this a good idea?? Should we work on it?

Yes, we should work on it. It's a great idea!
50%
Yes, we should work on it. It's a great idea!
50%
No, we shouldn't work on it. It's a horrible idea.
No votes
No, we shouldn't work on it. It's a horrible idea.
No votes

Total votes: 10

Nano_Lite
Hunter
Hunter

Ablative Hull Armor Generators

Post by Nano_Lite »

Read this first:
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Ablative_hull_armor

That technology would be comprable to Vega Strike's Aera PolyDuranium armor upgrade, except that it is DEPLOYABLE. Which means that, like the cloaking device, you simply press a button and PRESTO! Your starship can take repeated hits with near-impunity. What we would need to implement this marvelous upgrade is the following:

1. We'll need to make an Armor mesh for every ship >_<
2. SOMEBODY will have to do some serious code work >_>
3. Uh, test it???? >=D

Any ideas?
BE GOOD.
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Re: Ablative Hull Armor Generators

Post by tillias »

Nano_Lite wrote:Read this first:
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Ablative_hull_armor

That technology would be comprable to Vega Strike's Aera PolyDuranium armor upgrade, except that it is DEPLOYABLE. Which means that, like the cloaking device, you simply press a button and PRESTO! Your starship can take repeated hits with near-impunity. What we would need to implement this marvelous upgrade is the following:

1. We'll need to make an Armor mesh for every ship >_<
2. SOMEBODY will have to do some serious code work >_>
3. Uh, test it???? >=D

Any ideas?
Well, fortunately we don't need to make meshes. Unfortunately, we have to edit textures and make new ones.

For first time we will create abliative armor coat as upgrade, which increase defence of ship, but without visuals. When we'll find someone who will want to edit textures, we will make visuals :)
God bless you!
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I would like to test and do stuff for you but i can't sadly as i Dial up and it is to slow to download anything.
Nano_Lite
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Nano_Lite »

The reason I said we'd need to make new meshes is because in the show, the armor is generated AROUND the ship, not right on top of the hull. It fits kinda like a glove. Also, use of the armor makes it impossible to use phasers, but torpedo slots around the hull plating allow you to fire torpedoes. Also, it is something that isn't there all the time like a normal armor upgrade. But an ablative COATING would be a good upgrade. However, the Ablative GENERATOR upgrade would be VERY rare, but very powerful. It will be like a solid shield. It uses energy while being generated, but stays as long as you want it to. Then, with the push of a button, It disappears. That has never been actually shown, but I suppose that the material would simply be "transported" back into a matter storage area or something, because the technology is related to transporters and replicators.
BE GOOD.