VegaTrek vs VegaStrike

Discuss the Star Trek mod(s) for the Vega Strike Engine

Moderators: tillias, Jennos, peteyg

rrogers40
Trader
Trader

VegaTrek vs VegaStrike

Post by rrogers40 »

Is it possible to put VegaTrek ships into vegaStrike? I would be interesting to see how a federation ship compares to a Aera ship
Plant Corn, Get Corn
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Should be the same as putting a ship into vegastrike.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

Or maybye VegaTrek Vs Star Gate...?

Heheheee... I hate stargate and I hope Trekkies will pwn them!! :twisted:
Nano_Lite
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Nano_Lite »

Dark-Blood-Hound wrote:Or maybye VegaTrek Vs Star Gate...?

Heheheee... I hate stargate and I hope Trekkies will pwn them!! :twisted:
Hmm......let's see:

The borg could certainly "take care" of those annoying Ori. >=D OH NOES DEVIL ZOMBIE THINGIES ARE PWNING US SAVE US GODZES PLZ!!!!!! =O lol. Not to mention the Wraith. Hmm....assimilated wraith=oh noes. Assimilated Goa'uld=oh noes. But, then again, could the fedaration pwn these guys?? Perhaps. But then the borg would assimilate the Asgard!!!! AND EARTH!!!!!!! AND EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!!! =O OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneone!11one!
BE GOOD.
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

Lol, the Trek Confederation of planets would just need to get USS Deleriant to hurl Photon torpedos straight through an open stargate, and BOOOOM!!

Atlantis would be fried!

People say Star Gate is better than Star Trek...? Nonsense!

And romulans would take care of Wraiths, just like they did with the Confederations NCC-1701-E Enterprise Galaxy Class ship with one HELL of a Warpcore breach!
Nano_Lite
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Nano_Lite »

Dark-Blood-Hound wrote:NCC-1701-E Enterprise Galaxy Class ship
=O

The NCC-1701-E is a SOVEREIGN Class Starship. The galaxy class Enterprise is the NCC 1701-D.
BE GOOD.
Lord_Sirius
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

SciFi-Bash

Post by Lord_Sirius »

Hey, I think this happened before on the StarfleetCommand series :lol:

would be kinda funny, TREK vs STARWARS vs BABYLON vs GALACTICA vs MYGRANDMA

or something. :roll:
Jibbles
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Jibbles »

Dark-Blood-Hound wrote:Or maybye VegaTrek Vs Star Gate...?
I've always wondered who might win. In terms of speed stargate's hyperspace completely pwns star treks warp (even the quantum slipstream), i mean it would have taken voyager several months to make it to earth from the point they got slipstream, but with a ZPM, the daedalus was able to make it to the pegasus galaxy in about 3 days (pegasus is a dwarf galaxy that orbits the milky way).
In terms of shields and weaponry, its anyones guess, although i reckon an ori warship would give a borg cube a run for its money. (The ori ship is pretty much a huge gun, whereas a bog cube seems to have more smaller weaponry).
btw heres a good site if ya want to check out some starship comparissons http://www.st-minutiae.com/misc/comparison/index.html
My Rig: AMD64 3000+ (939), Asus Extreme AX700, Windows XP pro.
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

Dark-Blood-Hound wrote:Lol, the Trek Confederation of planets would just need to get USS Deleriant to hurl Photon torpedos straight through an open stargate, and BOOOOM!!

Atlantis would be fried!

People say Star Gate is better than Star Trek...? Nonsense!

And romulans would take care of Wraiths, just like they did with the Confederations NCC-1701-E Enterprise Galaxy Class ship with one HELL of a Warpcore breach!
*sigh*

Welcome to the sd.net zone. Just because one series has the technology to kick another's ass doesn't mean that the former series is better than the latter.

Try comparing Voyager to Firefly, for instance. Nobody gives a damn if the Voyager could vaporize every last Alliance ship in the 'verse (which it very well could). Nobody gives a damn if Seven of Nine could kick Jayne's ass (though I somehow don't imagine Jayne minding it). What people care about is that Firefly has good characters, and plotting that lets you suspend your disbelief without hanging it until dead; whereas Voyager has poor characterization, and hokey plots that consist largely of technobabble.

The Incredible Hulk could pulverise every character in Saving Private Ryan and wipe out the whole Nazi Party without breaking sweat, but Saving Private Ryan is still a ridiculously better movie than The Hulk.

See what I'm saying?
Jibbles
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Jibbles »

I fully agree with ya. I'm generally a fan of all sci fi shows, minus a few. There are plenty of forums out there that cater to the "kirk vs picard" philosophy as well.
Also to the above comment about atlantis being fried, there are a lot of considerations such as the shield that prevents matter from re-establishing itself on the other side of the worm hole, and all that other techno babble.
My Rig: AMD64 3000+ (939), Asus Extreme AX700, Windows XP pro.
Tuviks
Explorer
Explorer

Re: VegaTrek vs VegaStrike

Post by Tuviks »

I think it is not wise to compare Vega Trek with Vega Strike. They are as like as apple and orange. Both of them are fruit and edible but slightly different in taste and texture. Nevertheless, Vega Trek uses Vega Strike engine. My perspective is simple; the vessels from Vega Trek (a.k.a Star Trek) universe can be inserted into Vega Strike universe as like as another creative episode of Star Trek series. It will be attractive if Terran Confederation receives assistance from Federation of Planet to get rid of Kilrathi race. I think NCC-1701-E is enough to neutralized Kiralthi's capital ships... :lol:
After Kilrathi defeated by join forces then Federation asks Confed to join the Federation... :idea:
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Vega Trek uses Vega Strike engine. My perspective is simple; the vessels from Vega Trek (a.k.a Star Trek) universe can be inserted into Vega Strike universe as like as another creative episode of Star Trek series
Exactly. However, it would be more than just copy and paste, as the units.csv from vegatrek has some minor modifications which would make some more tweaking necessary. In addition, you´d have to incorporate the weapons into the weapon_list as well.
Actually, thats how I started to put the whole thing together - taking a pu install and slowly replace one thing after the other....
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

esgaroth wrote:
Vega Trek uses Vega Strike engine. My perspective is simple; the vessels from Vega Trek (a.k.a Star Trek) universe can be inserted into Vega Strike universe as like as another creative episode of Star Trek series
Exactly. However, it would be more than just copy and paste, as the units.csv from vegatrek has some minor modifications which would make some more tweaking necessary. In addition, you´d have to incorporate the weapons into the weapon_list as well.
Actually, thats how I started to put the whole thing together - taking a pu install and slowly replace one thing after the other....
Both mods suffer from a lack of direct control over multiple turrets at once.

This seems to lead to the biggest difference between the two- VS uses turrets that have their own independent AI which you can only issue basic orders too, while VT uses 'fixed' guns set at different angles that have some autotracking ability within a narrow range, IIRC.
JarnellGondor
Explorer
Explorer

Post by JarnellGondor »

Does the vegatrek mod even work? have not been able to get it too........ if its good how do i get it to go?
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

JarnellGondor wrote:Does the vegatrek mod even work? have not been able to get it too........ if its good how do i get it to go?
Try asking on the Vega Trek forums.

http://wcjunction.com/phpBB2/
(scroll down, Vega Trek is below PU)
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Does the vegatrek mod even work? have not been able to get it too........ if its good how do i get it to go?
Yes, it works - with some minor restrictions (we had to revert to the jump-point interstellar travel system due to freezing issues when using the warp system). There is, however, only a windows batch download available due to the fact that we have no mac or linux guys working on this at the moment (any volunteers welcome...). Mac and Linux users should contact the forum or state their problems here so that we can adress the specific problems (e.g. compiling problems).