ever wondered?

Discuss the Star Trek mod(s) for the Vega Strike Engine

Moderators: tillias, Jennos, peteyg

vegavest
Merchant
Merchant

ever wondered?

Post by vegavest »

Have you ever wondered what a borg cube woukd be like in the game? id say it has rubbish turning and speed but unstoppable power with its cutting beams? tell me what you would think a cube would be in the game.
geoscope
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by geoscope »

Based on the series, I would say that a borg cube would have crap for turning, but wouldn't need to, as it could accelerate in any direction equally well. It's acceleration would be comparatively poor compared to most Federation ships, but would have a higher top speed. Weapons (beam arrarys) and shields would both be far superior -- moderately more powerful, but with a vastly greater regeneration rate. Little to no real armor, but with very high hull integrity, and self-repairing at a very fast rate.
-- My days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
vegavest
Merchant
Merchant

Post by vegavest »

yeah thats seems quite accurate. but maybe the size of it would make it impossible to put it on the game
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

vegavest wrote:yeah thats seems quite accurate. but maybe the size of it would make it impossible to put it on the game
It wouldn't need to be the exact size as in ST lore. If you doubled the apparent size of a mining base in the Privateer mod you'd pretty much have the sense of size and scale (the wow factor :) that you needed for that game.

Star Trek ships would be roughly on the scale of the PR capital ships, so something on the scale of a small moon or asteroid should do the trick.
Nano_Lite
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Nano_Lite »

http://www.merzo.net/index.html

Go to that site, then click on -10X

You will find the Borg Cube near the bottom.

It IS correctly scaled, so don't worry.

That site is the best. :D
BE GOOD.