Dominion -- searching ingormation.

Discuss the Star Trek mod(s) for the Vega Strike Engine

Moderators: tillias, Jennos, peteyg

tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Dominion -- searching ingormation.

Post by tillias »

Well we've already got several Dominion ships in game...
I totally stuck in this race -- what are their aspects in constructing ships, power of weapons, shields, hulls etc etc etc if compared to other races?
God bless you!
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

maxdb82
Explorer
Explorer

Post by maxdb82 »

Ah, the ruthles Dominion alliance! My favourite badfellows (after the Borg, sure)...

I see there is yet the Dominion fighter and battleship in the game, others usefull dominion craft should be:
- Dominion heavy battlecruiser, also if I think this could be too much uberpowered (we can see one of this vessel shrouding to pieces a Defiant Class ship in an episode of DS9, "Valiant").
- Karemman supply vessel, mainly a cargo freighter (less armed but well shielded). The Karemman are sort of the Dominion's economists, as we see in DS9 "The rules of acquisitions").

Also with the Domiion comes the Breens, a species of the alpha quadrant that is still a mistery for the Federation: they have strange asymmetrical ships that are capable of cloaking and weapons very strong against shields...

Bye!
Do you know the one -- "All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by ..." You could feel the wind at your back, about you ... the sounds of the sea beneath you. And even if you take away the wind and the water, it's still the same.
The ship is yours ... you can feel her ... and the stars are still there.
---
James Tiberius Kirk, stardate 4729.4
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

Also with the Domiion comes the Breens, a species of the alpha quadrant that is still a mistery for the Federation: they have strange asymmetrical ships that are capable of cloaking and weapons very strong against shields...
Hey :)

I no more need help with photoshop or gimp -- models are almost ready...
Just have no time to mount weapons on them...

Read this:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=7372
God bless you!
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

Any ideas about Dominion weapons?
I mostly interested in visuals, but some playbalancing information will be awesome.... :))))
God bless you!
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Might be a little late, but about Dominion arms:

I remember some DS9 episodes, most of them showed that the dominion arms pierced federation shields. On the other hand, dom ships have extremely weak shields so that federation phasers get then down in a short time - still the armor holds longer.

Dom ships should be a tribute to their names (bugships) - many weak ships, rather like mosquitos. Fast, maneuverable, suicidal tendencies. Blue phaser beams, poleron torpedos something between purple and pink.