Warbid Model

Discuss the Star Trek mod(s) for the Vega Strike Engine

Moderators: tillias, Jennos, peteyg

tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Warbid Model

Post by tillias »

Here is Romulan Warbird model by LC Amaral.

There are 3 different versions of this beautiful ship ( my favourite one :). Each have individual textures.
In whole this is the best model we have now and 3 versions are ideally for future upgrading system.

Here is short overview that is based on reading different sources of information:
It is very huge ship, with very small maneuverness. It can beat Federation Galaxy class without any trouble, though Sovereign is stronger...

I want to put big Disruptor Canon in front and 2 Plasma Tropedoes. For another versions there will be 1 and 3 torpedoes and Disruptor Gun with different damage ration and energy consumption.

There are 10-20 Romulan Disruptor Beams all over the ship, they cover all firing arcs. I want it to fire 2-3 beams simultaneously in each direction ( thouh from different mounting points ) in order to make Warbird's firepower greater then Galaxy ones 2-3 times.

Shields, armor and other stuff will be specified in future.
Last edited by tillias on Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God bless you!
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Description

Post by tillias »

Again, if anyone have got interesting information or just want to talk about it, post here without any doubt ;-)
God bless you!
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

Started arming this beautiful star class.
16 Disruptor Beams ( banks ) cover all 360 degrees on sphere.
1 Heavy Disruptor on the very front ( in special mode ) and Torpedoe in normal...

Do we need Photons for Romulans? Maybe Heavy Plasma torpedoes?

What's about Romulan beams if compared to Federation phasers?
What's about Romulan disruptors if compared to Klingon ones...?
God bless you!
maxdb82
Explorer
Explorer

Post by maxdb82 »

Do we need Photons for Romulans? Maybe Heavy Plasma torpedoes?
What's about Romulan beams if compared to Federation phasers?
What's about Romulan disruptors if compared to Klingon ones...?
Hi there,
I think in the series Romulans does not have particular weapons power, a full powered disruptor beam should have the same effect of a Federation phaser (type IX and X).
Klingons in my opinion should have no more / no less power than Roms&Feds, maybe their ships sould be more resistant (in many episodes we can see that a single BoP/B'rel Class could be a damn tough foe -- cfr. "ST: Generations" and the BoP's of Dukat and Martok in DS9...). Am I wrong or the Klingon's Empire lacks a bit of engineers?

For about the Romulans, in other games (like the Armada series) they are balanced to the other races mainly due their stealth capability. Ah, I almost forget they don't use matter/antimatter reactors, but instead they have a 'micro quantum-singularity' as power source: this should give them superior shield recharge rate and minimum weapon energy dissipation...

Keep up the good work!
Bye
Do you know the one -- "All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by ..." You could feel the wind at your back, about you ... the sounds of the sea beneath you. And even if you take away the wind and the water, it's still the same.
The ship is yours ... you can feel her ... and the stars are still there.
---
James Tiberius Kirk, stardate 4729.4
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

I think in the series Romulans does not have particular weapons power, a full powered disruptor beam should have the same effect of a Federation phaser (type IX and X).
Ok, let it be Federation Phaser Type X == Romulan Heavy Disruptor Beam

Ah, I almost forget they don't use matter/antimatter reactors, but instead they have a 'micro quantum-singularity' as power source: this should give them superior shield recharge rate and minimum weapon energy dissipation...
Hmm... Very interesting point. Then we will make Romulans shields lite ( if compared to Federation ), but with very very fast ( rapid ) recharge rate.
I've finished arming D'Deridex, Valdore and Aeh'lla ships some weeks ago. Perhaps we need to playtest them with this "rapid shields" recharge ability :)
God bless you!