Moderators: tillias, Jennos, peteyg

tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Searching info about Cardassian Kimal class

Post by tillias »

Hi all!

Currently we have those Cardassian ships:
Hideki, Galor, Keldon.

Personally I'd like some Cardassian flagman that can beat few Galaxy ships. While searching for permissions, I've caught Kimal class. Have anybody ideas about it stats? Can we use it as flagship?
Last edited by tillias on Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
God bless you!
Adonis
Trader
Trader

Post by Adonis »

The Kimal is a small cca. Hideki sized ship. your best bet is to get the Hutet class from Armada as the (drednaught) flagship class.
Last edited by Adonis on Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong"
>>Murphy

tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

Adonis wrote:The Kimal is a small cca. Hideki sized ship. your best bet is to get the Hutet class from Armada as the (drednaught) flagship class.
It's imossible :(
We have no chance to get permissions to use/modify Armada1,2 models in our game.
As for Hutet, have you seen it somewhere?
God bless you!
Adonis
Trader
Trader

Post by Adonis »

tillias wrote:
Adonis wrote:The Kimal is a small cca. Hideki sized ship. your best bet is to get the Hutet class from Armada as the (drednaught) flagship class.
It's imossible :(
We have no chance to get permissions to use/modify Armada1,2 models in our game.
As for Hutet, have you seen it somewhere?
Here for instance
Last edited by Adonis on Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong"
>>Murphy

tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

Ok, I'll try to contact author, though it will take from 2 days to 5 months ( or forever ).
Looking for any other models with permissions that can be used as flagship of Cardassia. IF someone can give me a hand -- will be very pleased
God bless you!
maxdb82
Explorer
Explorer

Post by maxdb82 »

From http://www.battleclinic.com

"The Kimal is the testbed of attempts to combine Cardassian and Dominion technology. The Dominion wanted the Cardassians Shipyards to be producing their ships within 3 years and the Kimal was the intial step forward. Though the hull, shields and computer systems are Cardassian the Warp Core and Weaponry are Dominion. The intial pairing looks succesful as the Dominion Warp core is capable of powering the Kimal design with only one warp Naccelle, a first in Cardassian construction. However the Kimal is still one of the smallest ships employed in fleet combat by the Alliance and so is useful only in weaker engagements."

Besides, isn't enough the migthy Obsidian Order's Galor class as a flagship? :twisted:

PS: Maybe you have already searched, but if you are looking for 3D other models there is the OS mod "Sacrifice of Angels" for Homeworld, that is very detailed and has plenty of vessels, and I'm sure that there was a working mod about Star Trek also for Homeworld2. Just visit http://www.relic.com and their forums (like "Tanis Shipyard") for more info...

Bye!
Do you know the one -- "All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by ..." You could feel the wind at your back, about you ... the sounds of the sea beneath you. And even if you take away the wind and the water, it's still the same.
The ship is yours ... you can feel her ... and the stars are still there.
---
James Tiberius Kirk, stardate 4729.4
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

Besides, isn't enough the migthy Obsidian Order's Galor class as a flagship?

PS: Maybe you have already searched, but if you are looking for 3D other models there is the OS mod "Sacrifice of Angels" for Homeworld, that is very detailed and has plenty of vessels
Can you post direct link, to speed up process of importing?

But yes damn, we are short in Cardassian vessels.
For now we just have:

Galor
Keldon
Kimal
Hideki
Armed Cargo Freighter
God bless you!
maxdb82
Explorer
Explorer

Post by maxdb82 »

ST: Sacrifice of Angels for HW1:

--> http://mods.moddb.com/3564/star-trek-sa ... of-angels/
--> http://www.strategyplanet.com/homeworld ... mods.shtml

ST: Homeworld2 (I think the project is dead :cry: ...)

--> http://forums.relicnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72 -> [search for 'Star Trek']

And I think also the X2 community has developed some tiny Star Trek mods, but nothing as evolved as VegaTrek! :wink:

Yes, about the cardassian in the TV show we don't see many vessels exept the obvious ones. In ST: Armada 2 the have however a lot of ships but I think the most ones has been designed only for the game and don't belong to the 'canonical' trek storyline.

In my opinion there are two ways to proceed:
1- Make our own models for ALL the Cardassian vessels (including the nonexisting ones).
2 - Unify another faction with few ships to the Cardassian (like the Breens...).

PS: Another cardassian ship could be the Dreadnought class Planet Killer that we see in ST: Voyager (episode "Dreadnought"): it resemble a long range missile but it could be manouvered from inside (in that episode Torres try to change it's course); it has strong shields and torpedoes (it managed to disable the entire Voyager with a single torpedo shot), but no phasers...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do you know the one -- "All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by ..." You could feel the wind at your back, about you ... the sounds of the sea beneath you. And even if you take away the wind and the water, it's still the same.
---
maxdb82
Explorer
Explorer

Post by maxdb82 »

I'll try now to export the .ogg of the cardassian vessels with Milkshape ad post as attachments...
---
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

maxdb82 wrote:I'll try now to export the .ogg of the cardassian vessels with Milkshape ad post as attachments...
Well, mail me directly to e-mail and we will think how to manage cardassian fleet together ;-)
God bless you!
maxdb82
Explorer
Explorer

Post by maxdb82 »

Doh... I managed to export only a few ships in ms3d form and I cant add them as attachments!
I don't now if they could be really usefull (as you have maybe understood 3D modeling is not properly my better skil...). :roll:
Armada 2 files are better rendered but I think they are copyrighted...

Bye!
---
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

maxdb82 wrote:Doh... I managed to export only a few ships in ms3d form and I cant add them as attachments!
I don't now if they could be really usefull (as you have maybe understood 3D modeling is not properly my better skil...). :roll:
Since you've seen many episodes, better describe Dominion weapons ( in specifical topic, not here )
Armada 2 files are better rendered but I think they are copyrighted...
Yes, can't use them at all as well as thousands of models from BC and SFC3 sites... Though some people gave us permissions :)
Don't worry about models, we've got TrekMods Team ShipPack -- Dominion, Breen, Romulan etc etc etc. The problem is how fast we will arm them and playbalance all models...
God bless you!