landing problems

Discuss the Star Trek mod(s) for the Vega Strike Engine

Moderators: tillias, Jennos, peteyg

esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

landing problems

Post by esgaroth »

I have observed recently a problem when I tried to land on planets. I approach the planet, and when i come close enough, the distance to landing is shown in the hud. Once the display says "ready", i try to land by pressing d, but nothing happens. The only way to land is by flying closer and closer until i collide with the planet and the landing sequence is initiated - together with some damage to the shields due to the collision. Sometimes, I fly close to a planet, i press d to land and i can land immediately, even without distance to landing is ever shown. When i start again, and i try to land on the very same planet, the situation is like described at top, that is, no landing except by collision.
Any idea what is happening there ?
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Re: landing problems

Post by Deus Siddis »

Are you having this problem in both vega strike and vega trek or just one?
IansterGuy
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by IansterGuy »

esgaroth wrote:Any idea what is happening there ?
I had no idea that you could land by flying down to the planet, in SVN version I am assuming . This was a suggestion made a while ago and it seems already done. According to the way it was suggested landing would need to be done slow or one would get damage when they hit the atmosphere hence your shield damage possibly. Also it was suggested that if ship thrusters and propulsion was damaged or if being chased, the landing sequence would not be skip able hence possibly your inability to land. If not being pursued and not damaged, I don't know why the "D" key is not functioning. Either way an error message should appear to inform the player why they can't preform the action, if this is by design.
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Hi DeusSiddis,
i dont know, as I have only VegaTrek installed. I´ll give it a try when i have time.
@IansterGuy,
Well, at least in Vegatrek landing by crashing works for some years, but only with planets. There is no error message appearing...
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Installed Vegastrike and played a bit - no landing problems so far. With vegatrek- they are there. Is the distance from where you can dock to a planet hardcoded or is it somewhere else ? Probably there is the problem- or a variable is missing from our config - it is considerably different from the vegastrike config...
EDIT: just exchanged the vegastrike config with our one. Problems are still there. I can land the first time on earth, but when i start from there and fly to earth back again, a red docking rectangle appears and i cannot dock.....
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

No, but there's a lot of dock/autodock/dock-on-collision variables. Something may be broken that isn't used in VS.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

TBeholder wrote:No, but there's a lot of dock/autodock/dock-on-collision variables. Something may be broken that isn't used in VS.
Surely that seems to be the case, but the described failure modes seem quite bizarre, I can't put my finger on where the problem may be.

However, I'd start by checking docking radius, it's specified on the config, and it's relative to planet size, IIRC. There certainly seems to be something hinky there. Compare to VS, since we know VS works alright.

PS: only thing I can think of that would prevent you from docking while the indicator says "ready", is faction relations. AFAIR, crashing may shortcut that test because it's akin to boarding, ie, you don't need permission. VS has all planets forcibly neutral, maybe VT doesn't, and hence the docking issues?
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

However, I'd start by checking docking radius, it's specified on the config,
I had a look, but didnt find something in context with "dock" or "radius" . Docking time etc., but nothing with radius. Neither in the vegastrike config nor in the vegatrek config....
This I would have to check nevertheless, cause the landing distance in vegatrek is too close (usually 500 m above surface) and I would like to change this.
PS: only thing I can think of that would prevent you from docking while the indicator says "ready", is faction relations. AFAIR, crashing may shortcut that test because it's akin to boarding, ie, you don't need permission. VS has all planets forcibly neutral, maybe VT doesn't, and hence the docking issues?
Probably this may be the case. I start with a standing of -20 vs. neutral, and every time I crash land on earth (which is neutral) it becomes worse (about -10/crash). Actually, where can I define the starting standings toward the different factions ?
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

esgaroth wrote: and every time I crash land on earth (which is neutral) it becomes worse (about -10/crash).
You have encountered the VS engine's most notorious and long lived bug, the "AI goes on homicidal rampage after fender bender" which is especially apparent when you bump into a station during docking.
Actually, where can I define the starting standings toward the different factions?
In VS the game we have a file called factions.xml that defines this. For each faction data block in that file, when you set its relations with the player faction (in VS it is called the "privateer" faction) it will set the player's initial standing with that faction accordingly.

Vega Trek should be using the same mechanism (I would imagine).
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

You have encountered the VS engine's most notorious and long lived bug, the "AI goes on homicidal rampage after fender bender" which is especially apparent when you bump into a station during docking.
Excuse me ?
I have looked into the factions.xml (which we have in vegatrek, too) and voila, the neutral faction had no standing data versus the other factions. I added them (+1 versus privateer) and it worked, i could land 4 times consecutively on earth. So far this works. Thanx for all who helped !

Unfortunately, one of the observations I regularly make as a scientist, also strikes this time: every solved problem reveals another one :
Everytime I land on earth (without crashing!) my standing towards neutral is also reduced by 10 ! Obviously I am so repugnant that my reputation damages vith every visit, be it normal or forced (crashing).
So, any ideas ?
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

esgaroth wrote:
Excuse me ?
The AI treats a collision as a hostile act. If you bump into a station with even a little bit of force, it will fire all of its guns at you until you are thoroughly dead. If you are bumping into a planet to land on it and then the faction that owns said planet is becoming hostile towards you, it may be this same issue. The "faction AI" might see you crashing into its planet as an attack.

That's one possibility anyway...
esgaroth wrote: I have looked into the factions.xml (which we have in vegatrek, too) and voila, the neutral faction had no standing data versus the other factions. I added them (+1 versus privateer) and it worked, i could land 4 times consecutively on earth. So far this works. Thanx for all who helped !

Unfortunately, one of the observations I regularly make as a scientist, also strikes this time: every solved problem reveals another one :
Every time I land on earth (without crashing!) my standing towards neutral is also reduced by 10 ! Obviously I am so repugnant that my reputation damages with every visit, be it normal or forced (crashing).
So, any ideas?
Wow, so even docking normally causes reputation damage? You are docking with the planet from orbit, not by running into it and then the local faction holds it against you?
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Wow, so even docking normally causes reputation damage? You are docking with the planet from orbit, not by running into it and then the local faction holds it against you?
Exactly. I´ve played a bit more around. changed the cockpit so the comm options are visible (should have done long ago but real life ...) and stopped 400 m above planet. Landing option shows ready. Press "0" to request landing. Immediately a red docking rectangle appears - no answer from the planet. Probably the reputation loss is because I land without permission - but why the heck do they refuse it ?
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Its even more mysterious. Starting out as a klingon and landing on Q´onos - same problem. Starting as a romulan and landing on Romulus - no problem....
?????
EDIT: seems to be dependent on the planet. When I start out in romulus system, even as a feddie, then landing on romulus is "penalty free". Landing on a planet in an autogenerated system - penalty is there. Planet size ? Planet type ?
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Very simple. Relationship change is tied to the node number in a dialogue tree (communications). Someone mis-edited said tree for some faction(s), and now instead of reacting on landing, the engine uses a node that should have been used if the player insulted them. Try to change relationship values one by one, and you'll see which. I'd simply replace it with a good communications file and tweak it (transplant phrases and adjust).
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Very simple. Relationship change is tied to the node number in a dialogue tree (communications). Someone mis-edited said tree for some faction(s), and now instead of reacting on landing, the engine uses a node that should have been used if the player insulted them. Try to change relationship values one by one, and you'll see which. I'd simply replace it with a good communications file and tweak it (transplant phrases and adjust).
Not sure whether i understand correctly. First, which file do I have to edit ? I guess neutral.xml, correct ? The neutral.xml doesnt look very promising - almost no entries there. I guess, nodes with values like
relationship="-.025"
worsen the relation and one of those should be the right one to modify , correct ? But what does
unused="-.125"
mean ? Where can I find out which node is used in what case ? And why is this effect not appearing when landing on Romulus, but it is appearing when landing on earth or autogenerated planets ? And the effect appears, whether I do communicate with the planet or not...
Anyway, here´s the neutral.xml:

Code: Select all

<comm>
	<node text="startingNode" relationship="0"><!-- node 0 (starting node: Don't link here)-->
		<edge index="1"/>
		<edge index="2"/>
		<edge index="3"/>
	</node>

<!-- Starting Points -->
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused=".2"><!-- node 1-->
		<edge index="4"/>
		<edge index="5"/>
		<edge index="6"/>
		<edge index="7"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused="0"><!-- node 2-->
		<edge index="8"/>
		<edge index="9"/>
		<edge index="10"/>
		<edge index="11"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused="-.2"><!-- node 3-->
		<edge index="12"/>
		<edge index="13"/>
		<edge index="14"/>
		<edge index="15"/>
	</node>
<!-- End of Starting Points -->

<!-- Other Nodes -->
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused=".046875"><!-- node 4-->
		<edge index="4"/>
		<edge index="5"/>
		<edge index="6"/>
		<edge index="7"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused=".0625"><!-- node 5-->
		<edge index="4"/>
		<edge index="5"/>
		<edge index="6"/>
		<edge index="7"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused=".078125"><!-- node 6-->
		<edge index="4"/>
		<edge index="5"/>
		<edge index="6"/>
		<edge index="7"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused="-.125"><!-- node 7-->
		<edge index="4"/>
		<edge index="5"/>
		<edge index="6"/>
		<edge index="7"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused=".03125"><!-- node 8-->
		<edge index="8"/>
		<edge index="9"/>
		<edge index="10"/>
		<edge index="11"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused=".03125"><!-- node 9-->
		<edge index="8"/>
		<edge index="9"/>
		<edge index="10"/>
		<edge index="11"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused=".0625"><!-- node 10-->
		<edge index="8"/>
		<edge index="9"/>
		<edge index="10"/>
		<edge index="11"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused="-.125"><!-- node 11-->
		<edge index="8"/>
		<edge index="9"/>
		<edge index="10"/>
		<edge index="11"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused="-.0625"><!-- node 12-->
		<edge index="12"/>
		<edge index="13"/>
		<edge index="14"/>
		<edge index="15"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused="-.0625"><!-- node 13-->
		<edge index="12"/>
		<edge index="13"/>
		<edge index="14"/>
		<edge index="15"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused=".0625"><!-- node 14-->
		<edge index="12"/>
		<edge index="13"/>
		<edge index="14"/>
		<edge index="15"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused="-.125"><!-- node 15-->
		<edge index="12"/>
		<edge index="13"/>
		<edge index="14"/>
		<edge index="15"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused="-.0625"><!-- node 16-->
		<edge index="16"/>
		<edge index="17"/>
		<edge index="18"/>
		<edge index="19"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused="-.0625"><!-- node 17-->
		<edge index="16"/>
		<edge index="17"/>
		<edge index="18"/>
		<edge index="19"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused=".0625"><!-- node 18-->
		<edge index="12"/>
		<edge index="13"/>
		<edge index="14"/>
		<edge index="15"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused="-.125"><!-- node 19-->
		<edge index="16"/>
		<edge index="17"/>
		<edge index="18"/>
		<edge index="19"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused="0.01">
		<edge index="4"/>
		<edge index="5"/>
		<edge index="6"/>
		<edge index="7"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused="-.005">
		<edge index="8"/>
		<edge index="9"/>
		<edge index="10"/>
		<edge index="11"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused="0">
		<edge index="8"/>
		<edge index="9"/>
		<edge index="10"/>
		<edge index="11"/>
	</node>		
		<edge index="8"/>
		<edge index="9"/>
		<edge index="10"/>
		<edge index="11"/>
	</node>		
		<edge index="8"/>
		<edge index="9"/>
		<edge index="10"/>
		<edge index="11"/>
	</node>		
		<edge index="8"/>
		<edge index="9"/>
		<edge index="10"/>
		<edge index="11"/>
	</node>		
		<edge index="4"/>
		<edge index="5"/>
		<edge index="6"/>
		<edge index="7"/>
	</node>		
		<edge index="8"/>
		<edge index="9"/>
		<edge index="10"/>
		<edge index="11"/>
	</node>
		<edge index="8"/>
		<edge index="9"/>
		<edge index="10"/>
		<edge index="11"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused="-.1">
		<edge index="12"/>
		<edge index="13"/>
		<edge index="14"/>
		<edge index="15"/>
	</node>
		<edge index="12"/>
		<edge index="13"/>
		<edge index="14"/>
		<edge index="15"/>
	</node>	
		<edge index="12"/>
		<edge index="13"/>
		<edge index="14"/>
		<edge index="15"/>
	</node>	
	<node text="[garbled]" relationship="0" unused="-.125">
		<edge index="12"/>
		<edge index="13"/>
		<edge index="14"/>
		<edge index="15"/>
	</node>
	<node text="..." relationship="0" unused="-.125">
		<edge index="12"/>
		<edge index="13"/>
		<edge index="14"/>
		<edge index="15"/>
	</node>
	<node text="[static]" relationship="0" unused="-.125">
		<edge index="12"/>
		<edge index="13"/>
		<edge index="14"/>
		<edge index="15"/>
	</node>
	<node text="*hit*" relationship="-.025" unused="-.01">
		<edge index="12"/>
		<edge index="13"/>
		<edge index="14"/>
		<edge index="15"/>
	</node>
<!-- End of Built-in Conversations --> 
</comm>
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

There are communication files for specific factions to whom the other unit (in this case, a planet) belongs. One faction is set up wrong, another is right (or at least wrong in a different way). "Communication" happens automatically - there are "welcome" and "bye" messages, normally those nodes got a positive value - that is, slightly improve relations with whichever faction PC is trading.
Just back up those files, then change all values to positive in the one that changes relationship when it should not, or even better replace them all with copies of some "good" faction communication file from VS, and you'll see if the problem is here. It probably is. Though this may also be the case of an error while trying to interprete a broken tree - which replacing the files will also eliminate.
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

OK. I first took the neutral.xml and changed all values of "relationship" and "unused" (whatever that is) to zero. Problem persists. All values to 0.1 - problem still there. Exchanged the neutral.xml with the neutral.xml from vegastrike proper - problem persists, but the comm messages I can send oscillate (seems to be a rapid change between 2 lists of 3 and 4 possibilities in the commvdu) when I have a planet as target - normal friendly message possibilities with federation stations. Just changed the faction of a station to neutral - flickering of the messages also there. Obviously there is something wrong....

EDIT: when I dock on a neutral station, the standing also deteriorates with each docking....
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Noone any further ideas ?
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

Wildest guesses, not knowing the code:
Flickering messages, maybe the particular standing makes both lists proper for the current value, and one is picked at random at every recalc frame?

Neutral relationships: maybe there's something hardcoded just for the neutrals that either vastly prevails or simply overrides what stated in neutral.xml?
"when I dock on a neutral station, the standing also deteriorates with each docking...."
Is there a way to check exactly by how much via logs/dumps/whatever?
If so, you might check if the value in neutral.xml is still counted or not, by comparing the outcome for 2 different values.
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Wildest guesses, not knowing the code:
Flickering messages, maybe the particular standing makes both lists proper for the current value, and one is picked at random at every recalc frame?
Probably yes. It happens when i use the neutral.xml from vegastrike proper- so a conflict may be possible. When i use the old vegatrek neutral.xml, it wont happen, and it also wont happen if i use another file (lets say federation.xml) and rename it to neutral.
Neutral relationships: maybe there's something hardcoded just for the neutrals that either vastly prevails or simply overrides what stated in neutral.xml?
"when I dock on a neutral station, the standing also deteriorates with each docking...."
Is there a way to check exactly by how much via logs/dumps/whatever?
I did it manually -just checked after each docking. The first time I dock, my standing towards neutral is 80, second time 69, 3rd time 60, then 50, 39, 29 and then 19.
It might not necessarily hardcoded, it could practically be in every script. That makes it rather difficult to find cause the scripts are what differ most between vegastrike and vegatrek...
If so, you might check if the value in neutral.xml is still counted or not, by comparing the outcome for 2 different values.
Sorry ? Dont understand.
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

esgaroth wrote:I did it manually -just checked after each docking. The first time I dock, my standing towards neutral is 80, second time 69, 3rd time 60, then 50, 39, 29 and then 19.
It might not necessarily hardcoded, it could practically be in every script. That makes it rather difficult to find cause the scripts are what differ most between vegastrike and vegatrek...
Sorry ? Dont understand.
Oh, ok, that big, around 10...
Well, I was suggesting to try very big positive values in neutral.xml to see if it's taken into account or completely overridden by some other logic.
I suppose the current values in VT and VS neutral.xml are too small to see if there's a change beyond that 10 you're getting somehow.
Anyway there still seems to be something somewhere that induces to a special treatment for neutral...
Wait!!! where are the docking operations related nodes in neutral.xml??? (speaking of the VS one)

andolian xml:

<!-- Starting Points -->
<!-- Other Nodes -->
<!-- Built-in Conversations --> 
neutral.xml:

<!-- Starting Points -->
<!-- Other Nodes -->
The missing ones are related to docking, contraband check and the like, no wonder you can't change the outcome by editing the xml, since it lacks the relevant lines...
(Andolians for instance give a +0.01 after undocking)
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

The missing ones are related to docking, contraband check and the like, no wonder you can't change the outcome by editing the xml, since it lacks the relevant lines...
(Andolians for instance give a +0.01 after undocking)
I took the andolian.xml and renamed it to neutral.xml. Also imported the andolian conversation files into vegatrek. The conversation now works, once i am in docking range, the respective sound is played ("Clearance code acknowledged; move into landing pattern and dock at the white indicators."), same with undocking. However, no changes in the standing towards neutral is detectable, whether I change the values from 0.01 to 0.1 to 0.5 to 10 at the respective nodes or not. It still drops from 80 to 69 to 60 to 50 etc. So it seems the standing changes in the comm files are not executed, at least not in the neutral faction. Do you know which script actually executes those changes ? Probably there neutral is missing in a factions list or something like this.

EDIT: tested it with a federation station. Docking there does not change the standing towards federation, independent of which values I have in the comm file.
Is this standing change working in vegastrike proper ?

Nevertheless, even if it would work, it would simply override the problem and not solve it... Still no explanation why in romulus system landing on romulus or remus dont causes these standing deteriorations. Changing the faction of a base in romulus system to neutral- landing there deteriorates the standing. Landing on romulus doesnt...
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

More info. I have spent the last 2 h with testing base scripts. As the difference between romulus and earth is mainly in the base scripts, i gave it a try. The situation seems, however, not so easy.
Renaming the h_class.py to earth.py and the standing doesnt change - so h_class.py seems to work as it should. Same with n_class.py. Other base scripts do deteriorate the standing, be they complex scripts like earth.py or o_class.py or rather simple ones (comparable to n_class.py or h_class.py) like a_class.py etc. Seems clear - its the base script. However, Romulus uses m_class_romulan.py as base script. Renaming m_class_romulan.py to earth.py and - the standing deteriorates when landing on earth...... Starbase base script works fine when the station is federation, it deteriorates the standing when faction is neutral.
Does this make any sense ?
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

So it's in the script, then... Fix those scripts?
After all, data/bases/n_class.py in VS is 121 byte (and only 2 lines that aren't empty or includes)
Looking at http://sourceforge.net/p/vegatrek/code/ ... a_class.py - not seeing a problem here, but commenting out one by one lines with "merchant = ..." and if it doesn't help, "Base.Link(...)" may pinpoint the problem.
I'd guess it may be something in bar code with its fixers and missions.
Also, it already deteriorates when you're on base - i.e. on landing, not undocking?
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Also, it already deteriorates when you're on base - i.e. on landing, not undocking?
Yes, IIRC the landing screen suffices to deteriorate your standing.
I´ve just added the up to date n_class.py which is working, and the aera.lib:

import Base
import sys
import aera_lib
time_of_day='_day'

(landing_platform,bar,weap) = aera_lib.MakeAera (time_of_day)

import Base
import bar_lib
import weapons_lib

import VS

def MakeAera(time_of_day='day'):

room1 = Base.Room ('Aera Planet')
    Base.Texture (room1, 'tex', 'bases/generic/n_class.spr', 0, 0)
    Base.Comp (room1, 'CargoComputer', 0.472656, -0.614583, 0.152344, 0.403646, 'Cargo Computer', 'Cargo')
    Base.Comp (room1, 'MissionComputer', -0.376953, -0.653646, 0.15625, 0.424479, 'Mission Computer', 'News Missions Info')
    Base.Ship (room1, 'ship', (0.1546875*2, -0.3645835*2,2), (0,1,0), (.5,0,.86))

Base.LaunchPython (room1, 'launch','bases/launch_music.py', -0.152344, -0.869792, 0.523438, 0.382813, 'Launch Your Ship')
    ### MUST BE LAST LINK ###
    return (room1,bar,weap)
And here one that isnt working (c_class):

import Base
import sys
import cclass_lib
time_of_day='_day'

(landing_platform,bar,weap) = cclass_lib.Makecclass (time_of_day)
And the cclass_lib:

import Base
import weapons_lib
import VS

def Makecclass(time_of_day='day'):
    room1 = Base.Room ('C class Planet')
    Base.Texture (room1, 'tex', 'bases/generic/c_class.spr', 0, 0)
    Base.Comp (room1, 'CargoComputer', 0.472656, -0.614583, 0.152344, 0.403646, 'Cargo Computer', 'Cargo')
    Base.Comp (room1, 'MissionComputer', -0.376953, -0.653646, 0.15625, 0.424479, 'Mission Computer', 'News Missions Info')
    Base.Ship (room1, 'ship', (0.1546875*2, -0.3645835*2,2), (0,1,0), (.5,0,.86))
    weap = weapons_lib.MakeWeapon (room1,time_of_day)
    Base.Link (room1, 'Weapons1', -0.173828, -0.0338542, 0.429688, 0.653646, 'Weapons Room', weap)
    Base.Link (room1, 'Weapons2', -0.117188, -0.195313, 0.376953, 0.182292, 'Weapons Room', weap)
    Base.LaunchPython (room1, 'launch','bases/launch_music.py', -0.152344, -0.869792, 0.523438, 0.382813, 'Launch Your Ship')
    ### MUST BE LAST LINK ###
    return (room1,bar,weap)
Unfortunately, all nicer base scripts (with more rooms, different landing screens dependent on ship sizes etc.) show deterioration.
I also made another test. I took a vegastrike proper install, exchanged universe, units, base and sprites folder - and the deterioration is there with the respective base scripts...