error install vega trek! Please help me!!

Discuss the Star Trek mod(s) for the Vega Strike Engine

Moderators: tillias, Jennos, peteyg

h0sterr0r

error install vega trek! Please help me!!

Post by h0sterr0r »

Hi all. i can't install this mod. i download de sources, untar an copy in my /etc/share/games/vegastrike. Them i run vegastrike and the screen turn black, show the init screen of vega trek and crash. I didn't seen anything about this and had to install vegastrike again. Someone could help me please... i'm running debian
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

Well, there's a release coming soon that should make a bit more sense, and have a Linux installation howto.

But in the meantime; if you've compiled vegastrike yourself without setting the datadir ./configure option... run vegastrike from your Vega Trek data directory's bin directory. That should work.

Post by Guest »

well thanks peteyq , finally i can play running windows launcher with wine and vegastrike.exe with wine too. i had to do that from vegatrek directory. when i copy this directory to my /etc/share/games/vegastrike, i can't run my binary. Now i have another problem. If i start the game from launcher, the games seems run slowly and crash. if i start from the vegastrike.exe, i dont have keyboard xd
well, im doing something wrong.
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

Why would you want to use vegastrike.exe in linux? I tried it to see if it could be done (and got better fps than with vegastrike.exe in windows) but there is a native linux binary (if you can't find one, compile it!)
h0sterr0r
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Post by h0sterr0r »

ok, i have low fps with vegastrike.exe. i didn't seen the sources to compile. where i can download it?

PD sorry if my english is not perfect, im spanish and don't usually speak it :oops:
"Strength is irrelevant. Resistance is futile. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to ours. Freedom is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. Death is irrelevant. All will be assimilated."
Click here to listen the borg!!
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

h0sterr0r wrote: i didn't seen the sources to compile. where i can download it?
download the sourcecode from CVS
compile it
h0sterr0r

Post by h0sterr0r »

thanks mamira otayu but i think that i didn't speak well. sorry. i have now intalled on my linux vegastrike and it runs with the binary well without problem but when i want to run vegatrek, if i copy the directory over the data directory, vegastrike crash and if i run with the win32 executables i have the matter who had say two post over. when i say that i dont find the source i wanna say that i only find this link to download the vegatrek mod ----> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... p_id=52085

Now i'm gonna try what you say. im gonna uninstall my vegastrike and install from cvs and then im gonna try the vegatrek mod again. Thank you all for help me.

PD. sorry if my english is not perferct again... i think if i continue with problem with my vegastrike, in some days i will speak it better xD
"Strength is irrelevant. Resistance is futile. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to ours. Freedom is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. Death is irrelevant. All will be assimilated."
Click here to listen the borg!!
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

The 0.4.2 Vega Strike binary won't work with the 0.2.0 release of Vega Trek. Only the 0.4.1 binary will.

Don't worry too much about this, there will be a new version out very soon now.

Post by Guest »

when will that be?
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

not too much longer, just got a few details to iron out.

Post by Guest »

great!