Wing Commander: The Wasteland Incident Assistance Request

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Wing Commander: The Wasteland Incident Assistance Request

Post by mkruer »

This is a Request for Assistance for the WCWI project to all members of the VS community.

This project differs from the other projects because it is a stand-alone game, and not a MMO/Privateer like VS or WCU, however there are more similarities between them then differences. WCWI contains a branching structure like the original WC games but because of VS scripting the amount of coding can be substantially reduced. WCWI has a grand total of only 20 purely unique missions, but there is up to 4 variances per mission the real total ends up being around 48 missions. There also ends up being 18 scenes in the game, some of which are CG and others scripted real-time renderings.

As it stands right now, Wing Commander, The Wasteland Incident is past ready for beginning the coding of the missions and the currently available menus, but I require help. There are some models still out but for programming purposes, we can use substitute models for the ones not in the game yet.

What’s Missing and what’s not.
  • 1. Alpha: Complete but untextured
    2. Omega: Designed but not built.
    3. Laser Sat: Complete but untextured
    4. AWAC: Update form the original WCP model to add more detail current status ~25%
    5. Hades Class: Complete but untextured
    6. Wasteland Station: Complete but untextured
Everything else is there thanks to MamiyaOtaru and the WCU project.

I am also looking for a script reviewer that will do a final consistently check of the script, looking for errors and grammar mistakes.

Please let me know if someone is willing to help.
Last edited by mkruer on Tue May 01, 2007 1:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said.
But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Wing Commander Universe Forum | Wiki
Wing Commander: The Wasteland Incident
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

my own race is in latest moddeling/texturing stages, and my cockpits are waiting for the wings export plugin. Then if you still need help I have some knowledges in modelling i texturing, send me pm or mails if you need my help
I see dead polygons....
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

I would help... but for the most part i try to make general improvements to VS... so helping with VS will probably also help with your game if you use the any of the default art from VS.
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

ok for my flight deck, absolutely ready to help you, mkruer
I see dead polygons....
mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by mkruer »

Here is a good place to start. http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... .php?t=781
I need to fix my other Wasteland site before I can give you a member’s account.

mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by mkruer »

Anyone? Soon as i get the ships from MamiyaOtaru and set in place i will have a biniary download. at this point i dont care if i have the in game movies, as long as it gets built.

mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Fill-em if you got them

Post by mkruer »

Code: Select all

Pirate / Bad Guys 

Ship                  Type               Class                                Game   Discription    

Arrow                 Pirate             Light Fighter                        WC4    Up Looking
Avenger               Pirate             Torpedo Bomber/Heavy Fighter         WC4    Beat Up Looking
Banshee               Pirate             Heavy Fighter                        WC4    Beat Up Looking
Bearcat               Pirate             Heavy Fighter                        WC4    Beat Up Looking
Hellcat               Pirate             Medium Fighter                       WC4    Beat Up Looking
Longbow               Pirate             Torpedo Bomber                       WC4    Beat Up Looking
Razor                 Pirate             Light Fighter                        WC4    Beat Up Looking
Thunderbolt           Pirate             Heavy Fighter                        WC4    Beat Up Looking
Transport             Pirate             Transport                            WC3    Beat Up Looking
Vindicator            Pirate             Medium Fighter                       WC4    Beat Up Looking
Transport             Pirate             Transport                            WC3    Beat Up Looking
Piranha               Pirate             Light Scout Fighter                  WCP                  
Tigershark            Pirate             Multi-Role Fighter                   WCP                  
Hades                 Confed             Quick Strike Cruiser                 WCP                  
Hercules              Confed             Marine Landing Craft/Shuttle         WCP                  
Jammer                Confed             Jammer                               WC4                  
Pelican               Confed             Transport                            WCP                  
Plunkett              Confed             Cruiser                              WCP                  
Murphy                Confed             Destroyer                            WCP                  
Devastator            Confed             Class A Torpedo Bomber               WCP                  

Good Guy Confederation / Militia                  

Ship                  Type               Class                                Game   Discription                       

Condor                Confed             Search & Rescue/Refuel Shuttle       WCP                  
Hercules              Confed             Marine Landing Craft/Shuttle         WCP                  
Alpha-1               Prototype          Super Fighter                        NEW    White
Alpha-1 (Special)     Prototype          Super Fighter                        NEW    White with Skull and Bones
Black Devastator      Confed             Class A Torpedo Bomber               WCP                  
Black Vampire         Confed             Class A Space Superiority Fighter    WCP                  
Black Wasp            Confed             Interceptor                          WCP                  
Enhanced Vampire      Confed             Enhanced Class A Space Superiority   WCP    White with Skull and Bones
Gladius               Militia            Heavy Fighter                        Armada                  
Hades                 Confed             Quick Strike Cruiser                 WCP                  
Hornet                Militia            Light Fighter                        NEW    WC1 Hornet
Omega-1               Prototype          Super Fighter                        NEW    Black
Omega-1 (Special)     Prototype          Super Fighter                        NEW    Black with Skull and Bones
Black Shrike          Confed             Class B Torpedo Bomber               WCP                  
Seahawk               Confed             (SEA/SWACS)                          WCP                  
Wasteland Station     Confed             R&D Station                          NEW                  

Dummie Ships / Target Drones                  

Arrow                 Target Drone       Light Fighter                        WC4    All Grery, Labled Drone
Excalibur             Target Drone       Heavy Fighter                        WCP    All Grery, Labled Drone
Hellcat               Target Drone       Medium Fighter                       WC4    All Grery, Labled Drone
Target Drone          Target Drone       Target Drone                         NEW    Grey No Markings
Transport             Target Drone       Transport                            WC3    Grey No Markings
Destroyer             Target Drone       Destroyer                            WC3    Grey No Markings
Cruiser               Target Drone       Cruiser                              WC3    Grey No Markings
Carrier               Target Drone       Carrier                              WC3    Grey No Markings
Target Satellite      Target Satellite   Target Satellite                     NEW    Grey Pimiride, With Solar Arrays

Cilvilian Ships                  

Cruse Liner           Civilian           Cruse Liner                          WCP                  
Transport             Civilian           Transport                            WC3                  

Confused Confederation                  

Murphy                Confed             Destroyer                            WCP                  
Panther               Confed             Class B Space Superiority Fighter    WCP                  
Piranha               Confed             Light Scout Fighter                  WCP                  
Plunkett              Confed             Cruiser                              WCP                  
Ranger                Confed             Carrier                              WC3                  
Seahawk               Confed             (SEA/SWACS)                          WCP                  
Tallahassee           Confed             Destroyer                            WC3                  
Tigershark            Confed             Multi-Role Fighter                   WCP                  
Vampire               Confed             Class A Space Superiority Fighter    WCP                  
Wasp                  Confed             Interceptor                          WCP                  

Misalanious                  

NAV Buoy              NAV Buoy           Beacon                               ANY                  
Space Station                            Space Station                        WCP                  
COM Relay                                Space Station                        WC4                  
Astroides                                                                     ANY                  
Space Junk                                                                    ANY                  
Dead Cap Ships                                                                ANY                  
Last edited by mkruer on Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

crouton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Wing Commander: The Wasteland Incident Assistance Reques

Post by crouton »

mkruer wrote:This is a Request for Assistance for the WCWI project to all members of the VS community.

I am also looking for a script reviewer that will do a final consistently check of the script, looking for errors and grammar mistakes.
I'll do the script review. People call me a Grammar Nazi all the time. :)
crouton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by crouton »

Ba-bump. Should probably update the website, too. :oops:

I can help with that as well if need be.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Hey if you want to grab WCU ships... they're there :) what else needs to be done?
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by mkruer »

Most the ship yes, are in the WCU Ship Packs but they only exist as directly ripped models. They need to be adapted to be playable in the VS engine. That would be one of the first things. Second would be mission creation. If you have the script you also have the complete outline for the entire game. Each mission will have to be tweaked to be winnable. Finally I hope to get voice action and CGI to fill in the rest of the scenes.

Its one thing to get a bunch of people supporting your idea, its another to get them to do something about it. This is where I loose my “Kudos pointsâ€

spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Well you're certainly welcome to "harvest" the WCU units.csv to get playable ships :) that's partially what is there for, to the best of my knowledge WCU this far is theWing Commander game with the most ships in it.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Privateer Ferrius »

I can dial in 2D graphics and ship states easily, as well as anything systems wise, or stats wise, so long as the datafiles are in the same VS formats.
Cmdr. Micheal Ferrius (Ret.)
Retired Confederate Pilot

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Tengoku de omachi shite imasu
starlord
Merchant
Merchant

Post by starlord »

sorry for asking what may be a stupid question, but is that project still on? (oh pleeeaaase!!!), that promising thing unfortunately looks stranded since 2003.
mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by mkruer »

The project is not dead; it’s just been the very last thing on the list of my things to do. Unfortunately there is not a lot of motivation to get it done any time soon. But with the amount of detailed planning, If I could five highly motivated people

1 full time cinematic
2 full time programmers
2 full time modelers

I could probably punch this out in less then 6 months. The biggest hold up would be the cinematic, followed by the models. The script has been done since 2000. The way I figure it is that I have a good 40yrs left to get it completed.

Sorry to disappoint you.