New Wing Commander Fan Site!

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
MajStriker
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

New Wing Commander Fan Site!

Post by MajStriker »

Hi all, just wanted to mention that I've launched a Wing Commander fansite. I had hoped to get it done by the end of 2006 in time for the prestigious CIC fan site of the year awards but it just didn't happen. So, maybe 2007 is the year?

Anyway, the site is another place where you hang back and talk all things Wing Commander. One of the many objectives of the site is that we'd like to be able to do is to highlight and interview the many different Wing Commander Mod/Projects that are in the works. If you've got a project that you'd like to be interviewed for just let us know and we'd be glad to set something up.

Check it out!

www.wcplanet.com

Thanks all!

Note, it would be great to interview the WCU team as a feature article on the Planet! If you're interested please send me an email, thanks! Also, if you'd like a forum hosted on the WCPlanet just send me an email as well and we'll set something up.

Post by klauss »

Cool!
How refreshing... a WC fansite... without the prejudice that has flooded the older ones ;)

Well, aside from WCU having a developing multiplayer server (lead by spiritplumber), there's not much news on this project. Mostly because we're severely understaffed* - spirit is the most important dev contribution-wise, though she doesn't show up as often as the rest of us on the forums. If you want an interview, I bet the best idea would be to contact spirit and interview her.

* We need lots of new artwork to replace the ripped WC1 art, and some campaign writers (if possible familiar with Vega Strike's campaign architecture, but not necessary as I'm available to help guide and/or support any requirements of any campaign writers), as we'd like to have a WC1 remake (ie: put the WCU datapack to good use - and test - by making a WC1 remake with it). The project, I think, has been officially approved (as in Spirit, Chuck and I all think it's a great idea), but we have too few hands to even start. Plus, we're short on WC lore gurus - both Spirit, Chuck and I have marginal knowledge of WC universe details (even though we like WC, we don't have a spanning knowledge of canon details), and depend on knowledgable bypassers which are sometimes scarce - example of it being the thread about the Mantu candidate ship, which remains unanswered after several days.

BTW: Sorry if this seems more of a recruit attempt than an answer... but what better place to do that than on an emerging fansite? Ignore me if you don't agree...
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Refreshing indeed. I'll be seeing you guys at http://www.wcplanet.com/
We get tons of WC questions coming up all the time.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Cool.

btw, are there any of the original team who made WC around?
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Chris Roberts is still around; I hope none of the others died either.