Stupid question from a newbie.

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
-DanR-
Trader
Trader

Stupid question from a newbie.

Post by -DanR- »

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere on these forums.

I've downloaded WCU, and it starts fine. But after the intro loading screen, I start in a Tarsus in mid space. A few messages from Spirit plumber come up on my screen about how to play the game.

But have I missed something? I seem to have 5,000,000 credits. I haven't even entered my callsign yet? I'm sure this isn't a new game, but continuing a saved one or something. Help!

When I click the 'Play Saved Pilot' box and then 'Start New Game' exactly the same thing happens. So to cut a long story short, HOW DO I START A NEW GAME?! Thanks.
Never rush a Jalthi head on.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

What did you download?
Multiplayer? CVS?

Unless it's multiplayer, where you probably do so in the server page, you're never asked for a callsign and start at a mining base usually, but not entirely improbable that you could start in open space. But, if that open space is devoid of any landing place (base or planet), then it's probably an installation error. If so, I'd say you should try to re-download and/or re-install.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
-DanR-
Trader
Trader

Post by -DanR- »

Thank you it's working now :)

Klauss since you're practically the only member who posts here frequently any more, could you tell me where I may find a list of ships that are flyable or buyable in the current WCU?

ATM I can only find a few Merchants, Hunters, and Insys ships for sale. I have found Kilrathi ships for sale (in Kilrathi bases)

I can't find confed ships to buy anywhere! Any idea where I can look? I want a Rapier or Thunderbolt!
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

You have to do some plot missions first :)
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.