With all the noise at wcnews...

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

With all the noise at wcnews...

Post by spiritplumber »

With all the noise at wcnews about WC1 having been rereleased, maybe it's a good time to push our WC1 multiplayer? I think that WC1 multiplayer has been wanting to happen for a long time after all.

What would be needed is someone setting up a small page which invisibly redirects to the cgi's on my server -- Daniel showed me how to do that once.

Anyone game?
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Check my reply to you here:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... 4560#74560
You're the boss, but IMO, we should get WC1 happening; multiplayer is not necessary to WC1. Fine to have, but not necessary. The gameflow and mission script files ARE necessary.

BTW, why are you still visiting WCnews? You know it's going to get you depressed, so why go there? I know any time I've made the mistake of reading their forums it gets me depressed, so I don't go there. It's like watching the news on TV, why do it?

Frankly, I don't think whether somebody else releases a WC1 remake it should change our goals or directions one iota. And I'm positive you're getting pressured by Hellcat to make a multiplayer WC... Or does your proposal really have anything to do with whatever's going on at WCnews?

Let's just make WC1 happen, shall we? I didn't join WCU to produce cheap, shallow, crappy, apathetic multiplayer games. I believe in the original goals of WCU.

Having said all that, if you want to set up a page at deeplayer.com, with that redirection stuff, be my guest. Just give me the file and I'll upload it. In fact, you can do so yourself; I gave you an ftp account. Are you still using it?
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Well, I'm politically left of center but read Freerepublic on occasion too... got to see how the other half lives :)

Works for me... multiplayer WC1 has more or less already happen, with the added usefulness that cockpits and ship flight envelopes already exist for both confed and kilrathi craft (this said, the Salthi desperately needs a new mesh). I think that what's needed WC1 wise are:

- A nice Tiger's Claw mesh... but I get the idea that's already happening ;)

- Base interiors for it; this can work like the Priv bases.

- Cookies.

- Systems and missions.

- An asteroid system that is more in tune with wc1 and 2, I guess that's my job... :oops:
My Moral Code:
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

That's the spirit. So go ahead and set up a page on my server, however you like. You just upload the html to your ftp, that's it.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Okay! Not today though -- taking the GRE. (Yes, the day before thanksgiving... ^_^; )
My Moral Code:
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Re: With all the noise at wcnews...

Post by hurleybird »

spiritplumber wrote:With all the noise at wcnews about WC1 having been rereleased, maybe it's a good time to push our WC1 multiplayer? I think that WC1 multiplayer has been wanting to happen for a long time after all.

What would be needed is someone setting up a small page which invisibly redirects to the cgi's on my server -- Daniel showed me how to do that once.

Anyone game?
I wouldn't bother. The guys at wcnews do read forums outside of Crius, including ours. Chances are they already know.