Wing Commander Universe - Original Privateer Starting Point

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Firehawk
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Wing Commander Universe - Original Privateer Starting Point

Post by Firehawk »

What WCU Scenario starts me off in Troy with my measly little tarus and just few thousand credits (basically where the original privateer began)? The only starting scenario I've seen puts me in a Tarus at Perry Naval station with nearly 3 million bucks.

I tried another scenario called "Troy" but it placed me in some kind of proving ground in what looked like a capital ship.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Odd.
I just checked, and New_Game should start in Troy with 2950 credits (not the standard Privateer starting point, but close).

Perhaps you modified it somehow. Try restoring it from the download. Two things would need restoration: save/New_Game and serialized_xml/New_Game
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Firehawk
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Firehawk »

Okay, here's what I did

1.) Went back to the original download; wcu-devel.0.2.3.zip and extracted it to a clean directory on my desktop

2.) Loaded the Launcher; clicked "Play Saved Pilot"; selected "New_Game"

3.) It loaded me up in Perry with about 2.9 million creds or so; just like it has been doing. I also tried running with the "Troy" scenario and that just took me to the melee or proving ground or whatever it was with me in a cap-ship with some serious firepower.

Still no luck...I don't know if it makes a difference but I downloaded wcu-devel.0.2.3.zip just a couple of days ago; is it possible something has been updated and I just don't have it yet?

I'm attaching the "New_Game" save game to this post
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mat_yarrow
Hunter
Hunter

Post by mat_yarrow »

There have been two patches since "wcu-devel.0.2.3.zip" was released by spiritplumber.

1) wcu-2006-patch1.zip

2) wcu-2006-patch2.zip