Ships still attacking while docked at base

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Baba2000
Explorer
Explorer

Ships still attacking while docked at base

Post by Baba2000 »

I am doing a mission. When a get to the base and dock. Their is trouble because when I dock I still think my ship is getting damaged. Then I find I lost my ship.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Welcome to one of our distinctive features... :) Life goes on when you're at a base. No place to hide... But if it bothers you you can turn it off; I don't remember how tho...
Klauss, Spirit, I think this feature needs a bit of adjustment, tho; like if there's a big fleet attacking a base, okay, but a couple of retros flying cheap ships shouldn't be able to damage a ship parked inside a base; as they'd be too busy dodging bolts from the base's defenses, no?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

There's one way I'm thinking it could be fixed... there should be both internal and external docking points. Depending on where you dock, you can be attacked or not. The base can always be attacked and destroyed, and in that case you always die.

The other that has to be done in parallel, is enhance base defenses so that they really are dangerous for attackers.

Just ideas, I don't think I'll have the time to code them in the near future (the thing about mixed internal/external docks gets a little tricky).

A faster thing to do is have all-internal/all-external docks, depending on vegastrike.config settings. I don't know... maybe...
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Quixotal
Trader
Trader

Post by Quixotal »

Why should you be vulnerable while at a base? The Bases' shields should
be strong enough to hold off even capital ships for awhile.

If small ships could attack and destroy mining bases and planets The pirates would be ruling the quadrant in no time, and chaos would reign.

Quixotal