Ferrius' Workshop

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Privateer Ferrius »

Sorry to be off the radar guys, things have been hell here lately. I'll try and get on long enough to post what I have at least when I'm not in a hurry to get to work ;)
Cmdr. Micheal Ferrius (Ret.)
Retired Confederate Pilot

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Tengoku de omachi shite imasu
Zeog
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Zeog »

Great to know that you're still alive! Good luck anyways! ;-)
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

In truth, I haven't had a lot of time to do new content, and unfortunately I had to get a new computer after a bad accident with ze old coffee. The old HDD thankfully is intact but I still have to grab everything off it, which is gonna be a bit since I can't leave this compy running while I'm gone at work.

In any event, what work is still outstanding? I had started working on a skin for DualJoe's hornet - should I finish it? I didn't get too far as Chuck mentioned working on it himself and I did not want to commit too much work to it as such. The Demon texture I started a redo on - I wasn't happh with the end product and tried to revise it several times without finding something that satisfied me, so I scrapped it and started anew. I still have the old one, but I don't feel it's of any quality. I will post the new Demon texture when I am finished working on it, or at least have the first draft in a game-usable state.

I hear you mentioned reworking the GUI. I have had several ideas about that during my offline time, in terms of reworking the graphics, however I haven't had the time to implement them or make a rough-up or what have you. I have a full-time job so time's a rare commodity :( Anyways I'll try to find time for that and post a rough-up of my ideas when I have it.

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by mkruer »

Welcome back. I don’t know the status of the model textures, but if you want to help with the GUI. Take a look at http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=5908
I was in the process of rethinking the GUI for the commodities screen and making it more layered as well as allowing for the ability to purchase from other systems. But got sidetracked with other stuff.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said.
But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Wing Commander Universe Forum | Wiki
Wing Commander: The Wasteland Incident
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

I'll see what I can do :) Been kinda outta comission since surgery on my leg, but I'll set aside some time on the weekend to come up with something.

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Privateer Ferrius wrote:I'll see what I can do :) Been kinda outta comission since surgery on my leg, but I'll set aside some time on the weekend to come up with something.
Oh. Do you mind me asking what happened? Any surgery of any kind is serious.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

The doctors aren't sure, really. I take this as a bad sign. Anyways, I'm working on things for WCU on and off; I just can't guarantee I'll be consistent or meet any deadlines.

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by mkruer »

Privateer Ferrius wrote:The doctors aren't sure, really. I take this as a bad sign. Anyways, I'm working on things for WCU on and off; I just can't guarantee I'll be consistent or meet any deadlines.
Not to get us off topic, but can you tell us about its. Doctors are not what they used to be, sometimes this miss the painfully obvious. Anyway no worries on deadlines, there aren't any except self imposed ones. Its more important for you to get better then worry about this. When I got lasik surgery a few years back, I think all I did was sleep for a week. My eyes in turn healed way better then even the optometrist imagined.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said.
But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Wing Commander Universe Forum | Wiki
Wing Commander: The Wasteland Incident