Where to download WCU from...

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Where to download WCU from...

Post by klauss »

WCU Alpha 0.2.3 (latest)
Full Download - Win32 (227MB)
NOTE: No prebuilt version for linux... but the full download's dataset will work on linux.

CVS

This is the current development version.
As of this posting, it is just alpha 0.2.3... but further development will (should) be reflected here.

Linux users

To get the WCU dataset:
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@wcuniverse.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/wcuniverse co wcu

You may need Privateer Remake's dataset as well:
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@wcuniverse.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/wcuniverse co priv

And the executable (build VegaStrike CVS... PR 1.2's executable won't work)

You can also get alpha 0.2.3 from CVS:
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@wcuniverse.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/wcuniverse co -r alpha_0_2_3 wcu

Windows users

First, get TortoiseCVS (or any CVS client of your choice).
You must checkout from:
  • server: wcuniverse.cvs.sourceforge.net
  • username: anonymous
  • protocol: pserver
  • repository folder: /cvsroot/wcuniverse
  • module: wcu
You may also have to check out, from the same server, the "priv" module for the missing data (data common to PR and WCU).

You will also need binaries. As linux users, you may bulid VegaStrike CVS (and PR 1.2's windows binaries won't work any better than PR 1.2's linux ones)... but, in this case, there are prebuilt binaries in VegaStrike CVS that are updated from time to time. Check them out, they may work (and they may not - as always with CVS). Best way to do so is from this page.
Last edited by klauss on Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
mikesukat
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Wing Commander: Privateer DL

Post by mikesukat »

If you want to share this cool game, I´ve solution for you! Wing Commander: Privateer download
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

Perhaps somebody could update this thread with spiritplumber's patches.
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

I have too much school-related stuff to do :shock: sorry... the multiplayer thingy DOES get incrementally update though -- right now I'm working on turrets.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
nuntym
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by nuntym »

spiritplumber, I cannot access your website http://www.deeplayer.com/spiritplumber/ to download the latest game (according to the wiki). I keep getting an error 400 message. Is there something wrong with the website, or is it me?

I mean, I've been a good boy :oops:
Phlogios
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Phlogios »

What are mac-users supposed to then? Can I just download the windows version and unzip the files in the correct directory, or do I have to wait for a Macintosh-release?
"Enjoy the Choice" - A very wise man from Ottawa.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Mostly you should be able to use the windows version with mac binaries -- unfortunately a lot of WCU stuff never made it into the main binary branch.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
cmptch
Merchant
Merchant

Post by cmptch »

The CVS Server is wcuniverse.cvs.sourceforge.net, not cvs.sf.net. Being quite new (first time) to cvs it took me a few minutes to figure out what I did wrong. All I had to do was read the error...No response from server. Maybe you could update that first post for us noobs?
Backup your data unless you want to lose it.
jutau
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by jutau »

I too am having trouble downloading the patches for WCU. i believe i've got the base file without patches.

can anyone direct me to where i can get the rest?
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

AFAIK, the only one who knows where the patches are is Spirit, if she still exists. But she's apparently abandoned this project. The rest of us are still working on it, more on the content side, but I've no idea when there will be a new executable.
darkone
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Re: Where to download WCU from...

Post by darkone »

Is WCU project still being worked on? And is there a place i can download or build the latest version from?

Thanks and I could host this mod on my site for download if someone points me too the latest stable build of the mod. It would be great to give this a try.

Thanks

-D1-
Space Sim Central - Your space sim gaming, modding and resource community.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

I don't think anything has changed since chuck_starchaser's post though spiritplumber has turned up and left again and i don't know the status of her patches either.As they are on chuck's server along with the the data set.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Indeed, as loki says. The latest version on my server was very buggy, and then I found out that Spirtiplumber had issued a patch for it, but I never found it; and last time she showed up I asked her about it and she said she was going to look for it, but then nothing happened; I assume she didn't find it either. In any case, WCU was not a game; it was a platform for WC games development; and it used the PR data set as a test case. Currently, PU is the closest thing to what WCU once was: PU Website -- PU Forum -- PU Download instructions