Remodelling (bye bye ugly ships?)

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by mkruer »

Here are all my ships that I think are worth anything now. I could care less what happens to them now however if you want to texture the Hades Class, I need to fix an error. I need to reverse the engine, right at the moment it is sticking out, but looking at the texture they should be indented. Also on the diligent, there IS a slight difference in the models. the real diligent have different engines then the drayman. Right now in the wcu-devl branch, the models are the same which is wrong.

Also a note on all the models. All the models are around 1000, with the exception of the Hades model which is around 4000, poly because they were originally designed for the WCP engine. I would highly recommend looking at the ships, most of them were taken directly off the blueprints in the original manual or through a very exhaustive process of deconstructing all the views from the original game. (latterly traced the entire ships using graph paper to find the cords for all the points on the ship.

Bengal - Strike Carrier (WC1).3ds**
Broadsword (WC2).3ds**
Diligent (WC1).3ds**
Drayman (WC1).3ds**
Exeter (WC1).3ds**
Ferret (WC2).3ds**
Hades V2 (WCP).3ds***
Rapier (WC1).3ds*
Raptor (WC1).3ds*
Scimitar (WC1).3ds*
Venture (WC1).3ds**

* Based upon the original blueprint.
** Graph paper reconstruction.
*** Based upon the in game model.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said.
But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Wing Commander Universe Forum | Wiki
Wing Commander: The Wasteland Incident
mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by mkruer »

blue_paladin42 wrote:Actually I have yet to see the WCII Rapier. Just the first one. Unless that's not hat you meant.
Which one is in the game? I am fairly sure its the WC2 version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Right now we're using the WC2 mesh... I think that there's a variant with particle guns and a variant with neutron guns in game, but i'm not positive.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

All WC1 ships we have in game right now are worthless, wich the exception of raptors.

We arent using WC2 mesh either. When spirit said so, I quickly went to check it just incase the mesh was somehow changed. Either I am going crazy, or thats a WC1 rapier on my screen.

The model we have right now is even missing polygons, at some angles you can see right through the ship. The wings are paper thin, and the whole thing is extremely boxy.

I can only wish our rapier looked as good as the one posted. And for some ships that need some work, guys.. please use this list

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=5503

And please, post on it when stuff gets fixed so we can keep track.
mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by mkruer »

Well let’s get up to snuff. ATM I think that Gold has the best models, I also think that they meet or excide the requirements of the Wing Commander Universe Design and Standardization