Nav map bug & other minor (?) bugs

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
luizfuryo
Trader
Trader

Nav map bug & other minor (?) bugs

Post by luizfuryo »

Hi Again

I was going from Sol system to Hellskichen, a 2-jump trip via Enyo system, if my memory doesn't fail me (not playng now) when I could not jump to Enyo either becouse 1) the jump point is not there or 2) it has a wrong name - I noticed there were TWO jump points to alpha centeuri (or such). Also: I was going head to head with a pirate and, with still two thirds (or just a little less) of my front shields heard the nice sound of my armor being hit! The pirate was destroyed but my front armor was therefore reduced (yellowish-orange in the damage display). Question: Do the &%#$&%$pirates have a gun that bypass my hard earned level 3 shields or is it a bug?
Ad astra per aspera
luizfuryo
Trader
Trader

Post by luizfuryo »

AND...

Some ship upgrades seem to serve to no purpose, like those multi-thruster engines - when bought and installed they don't make any difference in the ship's speed or performance.

After some time, no matter what kind of ship I buy, it seems I'm unable to eqquip them with medium guns

And, as I'm sure you know, some ships when targeted lack a hud representation, and some ships are plainly invisible (they don't have a representation in space!). And some planets lack a screen - sorry to point that, it's only I can hardly wait to view the game more polished, and I'd like to mention that it is a very ambitious project to emprehend. Good luck !
Ad astra per aspera
luizfuryo
Trader
Trader

Post by luizfuryo »

AND AGAIN . . .

Sometimes , when I'm in a system rich in factories/shipyards, exit the game and load some time after, the factories and shipyards simply disappear! It's very frustrating, mainly when you've planned to stablish an ore trading route.

I was in a sector rich in asteroids - Pentonville - and heard some privateer shooting like crazy - I think he was shooting the asteroids for mining, becouse my HUD radar begun to show MANY MANY brown points. Apart from the fact that I could HEAR the shots (which is mentioned in some other topic in this forum) the annoying thing that happened was that my frame rate slowed down to 3-5 per second!

And the asteroids in Pentonville behave like a band of swirlling hammerhead sharks circling a wounded blue whale! I have not entered the main plot yet, but I think that that will leave the Tayla missions veeeery difficult...

And PLEASE, would someone drop me a few lines to let me know if there's a weapon that bypasses the shields like I've seen? (down his knees, hands clinched - what a miserable sight...)
Ad astra per aspera
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Some weapons do bypass shields -- milspec torpedos, the antimatter gun, the steltek gun, and in a sense the leech missile.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.