Game Testing

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Game Testing

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hi,

I tried to do a little systematic game testing in the last days. I was searching for systems which don't work and jumpoints without animation and stull like this...

Here is my question:

Spirit said in one thread (couldn't find it again) that she had almost no time to play and test the game herself. I could imagine that this is a problem for most of the devs...
So, why don't you post stuff you want to have tested? Some guys could visit all systems, others could try the different vessels and so on. I specially like this because it is work also the less skilled privateer (talking about myself again.... ego thing... hehe) caan do...
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Other thing about testing. Here are the mains and patches uploaded in October:

04.10 - 0.2
14.10 - 0.2.1
15.10 - patch
16.10 - patch
18.10 - 0.2.2
21.10 - 0.2.3

@spirit

You sure do a great job, but maybe we should take the time we need to test the game befor you spent all night to release a new version. I mean there is no need to hurry and it will hurt nobody if the game doesn't work perfect for some days.
Maybe you can post a "version.bug" and a "version.suggestions" thread with every release where everybody can post and we can collect the bugs/suggestions first to get a better next release in the end.
I'm rather willing to wait some weeks for the next release than downloading a new main every second day and then find bugs in it one could have found befor...
How do you other guys think about this?
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

What I would like to see happen is someone try all types of missions (even the rare ones, like raid or defend base).
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.