phyton help & "public" release

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

phyton help & "public" release

Post by spiritplumber »

Some things...

* Now that we have hidden cargo compartments, how do we make Tayla give you one in the plot? I can't seem to make it happen.

* Should the "public" release (which I hope we can advertise on wcnews) allow you to buy the extra ships from start?

* Cookies!

* Anyone up for doing some base/planet backgrounds and similar things, or do we advertise what exists on wcnews now?

* who was redoing system distances? i forget ^^;

* http://shiver.therogue.net/ultimateotp/ cute sprites.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

I am doing distances and planet sizes Spirit, I will have the stuff finished really soon. But as I told you in my e-mail, I have the feeling we could use a few more polys for the bigger planets so they look a bit more round.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Which backgrounds do you need, spirit? I'm almost all set, except for this stupid optical mouse... driving me insane; I'll try to get a new one today. I'll see if I can get a wireless optical; I can't imagine a battery powered mouse overheating... knock on wood...
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Planet polys can be defined in vsconfig... it's somewhere in the graphic options :)

backgrounds... mostly:

* mining planets (edit base)
* ocean planets (edit agri)
* kilrathi bases
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

I'm just back from my mouse-hunt with an interesting specimen: A Labtec Wireless Optical. I'll see if it works...
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

YEY! This mouse flies! No problem so far. So, Spirit; I'm gonna try and finish the Kat Bar, namely removing the kitty cushions and putting back tables. Is this what the Retros want? It will be a good mouse test. With the Sony Optical I had an overheating problem whenever I used the mouse continuously for a few minutes, and the left mouse button started acting like a right mouse button, and the right button stopped working altogether; --and had to wait for it to cool down, then it worked again...
This Labtec wireless optical I just bought shows no problemo so far, but we'll see when I vacuum the Kat Bar floor with Gimp's smudge tool. Then I'll have to import the tables and chairs.
Someone else please paint a kat bartender and fixers; I don't think I can.
Then I'll try to do a Kat Base. Allright, back to work.
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by blue_paladin42 »

The public release should let you buy extra ships from the start. Yes. And yes again. Just a thought :D