Broken nav maps.

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Broken nav maps.

Post by blue_paladin42 »

Well, I tried everything I could think of. I just can't get the sector maps to work at all, or any of the system maps out of Gemini. The only thing I haven't done is re download WCU. Which I may have to do anyway because of corrupt textures. But before I do, is there anyhing anyone can think of, to get them to work?

::EDIT:: Just tried something that just occured to me. I took my Ceavernen into mastif. It's radar is system wide, and I discovered that anything outside of Gemini is empty. Nothing but the jumpoint back. Is it supposed to be like that?
Quixotal
Trader
Trader

Post by Quixotal »

Just out of curiosity...Did you buy the other system maps from in the Repair room? ( you have to click on the windowed area just above where you ship sits )

Reason I ask is becuase I have no problem finding the other systems with planets, stations etc in them...have had problems with wormholes going nowhere tho

Quixotal
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by blue_paladin42 »

Yeah, i clicked the maps in the repair room. And I spent money when I did. I wondered if mabye other sectors weren't finished yet, though. But that doesn't explain why the gemini sector map doesnt work. System map, but not sector.
mat_yarrow
Hunter
Hunter

Post by mat_yarrow »

Have you tried doing the following?:
spiritplumber wrote:Ideally, at this stage you should delete the .pyc files pretty much every time you do ANYTHING to the .py files -- the "reset unvierse" batch file does that among other things.

If the mission bug goes away once you:

* put the PR py files in the WCU modules dir
* erase the pyc files
* run wcu again

then I think I know where the problem is...
It may also be necessary to do this for the bases directory by reverting to an older version, probably before wcu patch 12.
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by blue_paladin42 »

hmmm. I did run reset universe.bat, but nothing else on that list. I'll make sure to give it a try. Thanks :D BTW, can anyone see what my avatar is supposed to be? Because I don't think the forum wants to display it.