Blatant self-insertion, sorta.

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Blatant self-insertion, sorta.

Post by spiritplumber »

since today is attention whore day i might as well go all out :)

What year does Mariko Tanaka die? If we're having cameos by canon characters, I'd love it if a reference to her could show up at least once, unless it goes against the timeline. I think an actual APPEARANCE can't happen because she dies too early, but my suckiness at canon is well known...

(Yes, I do identify with that character a lot, unglamorous but always there for others. At some point I actually figured out a way to not get her killed in the relevant WC2 mission, but of course it didn't change the storyline -- if you can reproduce the bug, which involves a lot of afterburning to stay just out of the action sphere of the nav point, note that the mission will count as a success even if you don't shoot any Kilrathi down, which I really wasn't in the mood to at that point.)

Incidentally, after you shoot down Jazz Colson in WC2 and Angel says "Justice is decided in the court, not with particle cannons", it would have been fairly nifty to have the following sequence:

* Blair looks down at the console and flips a switch.
* Close up of weapons VDU switching from particle cannons to mass drivers.
* Blair shooting a hole in Jazz's head.

This is something that Grayson Burrows would probably do if the related scumbag was enough of a scumbag (say, someone who might bribe the jury), so we might steal that quote and use something similar (if we can't determine the guns that are on the current ship, he could nod, smile, broadcast "I'm returning to base", and accomplish the same trick with ramming or with the afterburner exhaust).

Speaking of self insertion, if you want to know where I go to school, fly to the Gemini system.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.