Crash issue, WCU.

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Hadrian
Trader
Trader

Crash issue, WCU.

Post by Hadrian »

Hey guys, excellent work on WCU.

Now, my crash problem. I recently installed all the patches in order, following the instructions and such and realised quickly I cant play WCU. It crashes even before the initial splash/loading screen, Im not sure if its the patches installed wrong somehow or if it was my fix for VS's permareversed rudder bug. Just thought Id give a headsup, anyone have any idea's on wich it is? and if it is the rudder bug any idea's on fixing the rudder problem without killing WCU?
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Thanks for the feedback! Now:

(1) What patch are you using?
(2) Can I have stdout.txt and stderr.txt ?
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
Hadrian
Trader
Trader

Post by Hadrian »

Had installed all of them including 11, and I went to reinstall it to see if it was the rudder fix I had put in, but couldnt find the WCU.zip that was released before. Im going to retry it now that I have the uptopatch6.zip (wich corrupted on the first two download tries btw) and see if if it runs, then Ill try patch 11, if that runs Ill put in the rudder fix and get the error reports and post em, otherwise Ill post the error reports on the patch number that failed.