Neutron and particle guns

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Neutron and particle guns

Post by Fireskull »

Is it a bug that I cant install neutron and particle guns in my Galaxy?

I can have them in the turrets, but not in the cockpit. Also they have some odd info which the other guns dont have, some radar and tracking stuff. I have checked more than one base for this.

I am sorry if I am being a bit annoying with all the posts, by the way.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

You're not annoying at all, in fact thanks for the feedback! :D

And I don't know about that... i seem to be able to buy all the civilian spec guns for a galaxy.

Providing a savegame would be great :)

Are you flying a milspec galaxy by any chance?
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
smbarbour
Fearless Venturer
Fearless Venturer

Post by smbarbour »

The turrets do have radar and tracking "stuff". Turrets are considered attached units, and as such require their own power and radar (pre-packaged for the turret of course).

In other words, even if you don't have a radar installed on your ship, your turret will, and if your reactor cannot power two plasma cannons mounted normally, a turret with those same guns will fire them just fine.
I've stopped playing. I'm waiting for a new release.

I've kicked the MMO habit for now, but if I maintain enough money for an EVE-Online subscription, I'll be gone again.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

Spirit: Just PM me your e-mail and I will send my save game tonight to you.

Also, I dont know if I am flying a milspec galaxy or not... because before I was playing Gemini Gold, and I didnt want to restart the whole game... so I tried to transfer my save.

It didnt work :P And seeing how that also messed up my rep with all factions I decided to pick up the save game of the beginning ( the new game save ), save it again with a diff name, then edit my ship and credits so I could start playing WCU with kind of the things I had in GG.

If I could possibly install particle cannons in my galaxy it would be a big plus for me, those meson blasters just are NOT effective when mounted in big ships.

Oh, by the way... game balance wise, I think missiles are noticeably weaker than in gemini gold, could be just me of course, but I have this feeling that they arent packing quite a punch.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Missiles are weaker at the moment, I need to rebalance them :) I'm still using PR 1.0 values for them.

What you want to do is, if you are flying one of the four original Priv ships, make sure they have a .stock after the name.... like, you'd want to fly a galaxy.stock in WCU. In PR and GG, that's galaxy.blank hence your issue, I bet. :)

(this was done because I wanted to keep the player upgradability separate from the random ship upgrade generation, also to avoid a bug whereby buying a thrust or speed multiplier would increase the speed and acceleration of everyone flying your type of ship).
My Moral Code:
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

I have changed galaxy.blank to .stock and I still cant buy particle cannons or neutron guns..... plasma cannons arent avalaible either but oddly I can buy Ion guns.

As i said before, these guns also have some different stats for them which the other guns dont have ( and no, they are not turrets ). This is looking very weird to me.

I also tried to just give me enough money to buy a galaxy instead of changing the ship in the save game.. I still cant buy the guns.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

weird!

my email is spiritplumber@gmail.com if you can send me a savegame i'll look at it :)
My Moral Code:
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

I did a bit of testing... edited a saved game and bought all ships avalaible at New Constantinople.

I cant equip particle and neutron cannons in ANY of them.. I am convinced that somehow those things are bugged in my game. Now I just am not sure how to go about to fix the problem
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Weird O_O; Two questions:

* Does this happen if you start a new game?

* Can you send me the savegame?

* Can you send me your weapon definition file? (it's a .xml and it resides in your WCU root dir)
My Moral Code:
Captin cocksniff
Mercenary
Mercenary

meee tooooo

Post by Captin cocksniff »

I also have the same problem with the neutron and particle. but not ion.
I can't buy them for any ship. they appear in red. and i started from scratch, with no editing.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

please, may i have a savegame showing the problem?
My Moral Code:
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

*chuckles*

I have sent my save game to you, along with a few xml files spirit. Now I remember installing a certain patch too.

Ok, what I have is the alpha release, the sounds .zip and the minipatch.zip.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

I also have the alpha-patch :P
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

ah yea, it happens in new games too
Captin cocksniff
Mercenary
Mercenary

dumbass deluxe

Post by Captin cocksniff »

I would send you my save but i just deleted them all (accidental of course), and am now feeling rather sad about it, as i was just starting RF.