Stranded

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Stranded

Post by Fireskull »

I have read a post below about players hearing explosions and such while docked, I have come upon a similiar problem.

I like to play as a merchant, and so sometimes I am forced into hasty escapes.... my last escape was from two cutlasses which were lucky enough to find me on a damaged galaxy. I hit the afterburners and made it into the nearby planet. Problem is, the enemy ships just DONT go away and when I leave the dock they are already shooting at me.

I figure I can fix the prob myself by changing some variables, but I decided to report it to you guys so it gets fixed in other updates.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

We need to implement a "give up time" for chases.... PR and GG solve this by resetting the universe on land i think, but we can't do that.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
crouton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by crouton »

Let's think of this in terms of in-game roleplaying. Unless you had specifically pissed off the hunters/retros/pirates/etc... they'd probably hang around a day or so before giving up. And they'd probably clear out if milita came through.

Which brings up an interesting question.. is there any sense of 'progression' in terms of days/months/years? It would be complicated, but realistic, to have time pass as you fly along, are docked at a base/planet, etc.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

The problem with that is that we would have to get timeline-specific events to happen... i'm more for monkey island - style time progression (advancing a plot advances the clock).
My Moral Code:
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

I dont think the focus of privateer is on roleplaying. Sure there is some of it, but its not the focus. You cant even pick your own name, or your own gender. Actually you cant even really choose what kind of stuff your char says, you just watch the action.

IMO the moment your char docks into a space station any pursuers should just give up. Its a space simulation, and a single player space simulation, there is no reason really to leave the player waiting in a station doing nothing.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

VERY true!!!! I'll work on it as soon as I take care of the neutron/particle gun issue...
My Moral Code: