Project Statement

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
crouton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Project Statement

Post by crouton »

So I whipped up a little webpage that describes what WCU is, what it intends to do, etc... It's essentially a public version of a 'project statement' where you lay out the who, what, when, where, why, and so forth. Right now, WCU is kinda operating under-the-radar and hasn't really reached a critical mass where things start happening. The 'project statement' is the first step in getting the ball rolling, IMHO, as it clearly defines what we're working towards.

This could eventually be rolled up into a FAQ, so let me know what you think - if it needs to be tweaked, if I'm going too far, etc. My next focus is on the tasks page... there's a lot of things to do and organizing them is pretty crazy.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Nice!

I think we had something like that at some point, not sure what happened to it...

I'd like to revise what you wrote and send it back to you, if you're OK with it.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
crouton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by crouton »

By all means, this was just thoughts put into concrete form. I'd like to put the eventual final document up on the Sourceforge site (as well as the WCU homepage?) for interested parties to read through.