BUGs with WCU-1.1

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
klauss
Elite
Elite

BUGs with WCU-1.1

Post by klauss »

I have little time (they're kicking me out of the labs at school ;) ) but I've tested the WCU-1.1 and until now, I've noticed the following bugs which were fixed in PR-1.1:

1) Universe persistency (get killed by 20 retros, respawn, and you have 20 retros waiting to kill you still)
2) Ships bump into you like crazy (they don't turn around even after colliding with you, which makes a nasty believability destroyer - plus, it was fixed in PR-1.1, so shouldn't take much to fix win WCU-1.1, just mimic the PR's fix)

One thing I hadn't seen in earlier versions, and struck me as great looking: the new jump points. Nice.

I couldn't see the fleet AI in action yet. Any suggestions as to how to achieve that?
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
crouton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by crouton »

We could probably use a test savegame with the player at Perry, since there would be a lot of Confed (fleet) activity, yes?
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

To test fleet AI, use the battletest.bat file which will spawn a different mission.

The other fixes are things which I didn't put in WCU because I'm braindead :oops: will do.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
jjcoolay
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by jjcoolay »

I seem to be having problems with the f1 and other f keys. I cannot look around me or go fullscreen. Is this a common problem or is it just me?
jjcoolay
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by jjcoolay »

Hmm it seems to have been human erorr that disabled the f keys from working. Kinda embarassed to admit that but I locked out the keys accidentally. Opps
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

:)

If you find any other problems, please tell!

also be sure to grab http://spiritplumber.dynip.com/miniupdate.zip

(a couple of ships, and more variety in cargo missions -- try switching to a Drayman, or to a Demon/Stiletto, and landing on the next base and going to the mission computer)
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
Captin cocksniff
Mercenary
Mercenary

bye bye pentonville

Post by Captin cocksniff »

I couldn't see anywhere to put bugs, so i'll put it here.
this game is awsome!!! I am not so intrested in following the story line, i prefer to go aroung blowing up confed capships with armys of hunters.
any how, as every one hates me and everything,
I am not safe where ever i go, and that includes bases. when i land, people can still attack me, and i have been bolwen up many times because of this, (whilst docked) i started to follow the campagin, and went to pentonville to see tayla, and was confronted by the Gulgamesh,I shot on by and docked at pentonville. i started to talk to tayla, only to find myself back in my ship, and pentonville pirate base completly dissapeared. and it hasn't reappeared since.
any why whilst docked, i stll hear combat and people shooting at my ship, where ever i go.
when in the hellcat, no matter which sheilds i use, every time i get hit i get the sound for armor dammage, (but i dont think it effects my armor).
Also, If i buy a radar, then sell it, then i can't buy another one.
other than the docking thing, this is really a dream come true. lots of units, and capships, i finally feel like i'm in a dynamic universe.

also why are there always confed/ milita outside pirate bases anyways?
good work.
mat_yarrow
Hunter
Hunter

RE: Workaround for bug

Post by mat_yarrow »