Star Trek and the Perry System (Yes this is WC related)

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Then I can put 256 turrets on it! And a pocket lint cannon. With boobs.

seriously, thank you for the effort :D
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

Guest wrote:Seriously, though, they just don't care. The kickboxing thing is the running joke on IRC. How did that make it all the way from your brain to the keyboard to the internet without you figuring out that it was a hilariously silly thing to say?
I agree it was silly. That was half the reason I said it, 'cos it was silly.

However, that was not Bandit LOAF's interpretation. Probably slightly paraphrased, he said of me, "He wants to kickbox people he doesn't like. I wish I was joking." And when I couldn't reply to (due to bannination). *shrugs*

People take life too seriously. Especially the crius.net crew. It's far too easy to incur their rather pathetic wrath.
powell99
Trader
Trader

Post by powell99 »

lol Im an idoit. I thought that the Corvette garrison was Voyager. BTW I am now a proud owner of the TCS Illustrious. (I figured out how to give myself any ship.) Anyways its pretty fun. I managed to have a rather nice ship to use as a base.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

That's something which I would like to have in the game eventually -- if you complete one of the storylines you get your own small capship/space station. (Not anything bigger than a Paradigm please, no munchkins)
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

You know another thing that would add a lot of post-story play value, Spirit? If a whole bunch of side stories, including the one where you get a capship, were held back until after one finishes the game... Just a thought...
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Point, but I'd like to have a series of nonlinear plots... Ideally I would have the Steltek plot as the thing that people must complete first, then the RF plot and the AWACS plot (which can be done at the same time I think) , then the universe really opens.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

WOW! Not sure I know what you're talking about but it sounds super-cool!

I just had an idea that could be part of a plot: It would involve some multi-zillionaire that controls many corporations. Maybe he finds out about your exploits and has a difficult, secret mission that has to be accomplished by a single pilot, for the sake of discretion. You get directions on where to fly to meet this guy, and you go there expecting to find a ship. Instead, you find a planet that doesn't appear on maps, and which is his personal home. Now, AROUND the planet, you might find things like a Dragon. In fact, a whole collection of precious antiques, even captured kilrathi models...
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

What I was thinking about was borrowing an idea from Privateer 3 (the design documents anyway) and, starting from the RF storyline, make it so you have a rival -- basically another privateer who decides he wants your fame and gets in direct competiton with you.

What I was thinking is -- You see the guy around, you kick his ass once, then he gets sponsored by a large corp you pissed off (Lynch maybe?) and ends up with his own fleet and his own base or capship. Then he frames you for somehting. And at that point you get to take him down in order to prove your innocence. (This allows "goody-good" players to try having Confed and Militia on their tails). The prize is of course their capship.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Well, Lynch is a mafioso, not a corporate type. But there IS a corporation you pissed off... Remember Monkhousen was sponsored by Rondell? There was a corporation that I can't remember the name, that were Rondell's competitors...

Post by Guest »

chuck_starchaser wrote:Well, Lynch is a mafioso, not a corporate type.
Lynch apparently owns a number of buisnesses, which may be fronts and fallguys for his illegal operations.
chuck_starchaser wrote:But there IS a corporation you pissed off... Remember Monkhousen was sponsored by Rondell? There was a corporation that I can't remember the name, that were Rondell's competitors...
That would be Bronte Corperation, Rondell's rivals. Bronte hired the mercs to blockade Palan, in order to undercut and collaspe Rondell's market share.
mat_yarrow
Hunter
Hunter

Post by mat_yarrow »

In the bonus campaign, "Transsector Plus" (Soren Malakai?) was the corporation running catnip to the Kilrathi in Tr'Pakh.