Storyline and other stuff

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
magpie
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Storyline and other stuff

Post by magpie »

Am I missing somethin in the storyline bit? I got the artifact, but lost it when i sold a ship ( I think) any how its hard to know exactly what im doing to get through the campaign, which is why im making no progress... but love the game alot. So Im gonna guess from other posts here that theres no way to salvage my game? Doesnt matter Ill start again. PS if you knacker the campaign why not have it so you have to load so that yu know youve done bad or yeh that does take away from the free feel, what about if you fail you just go back to the place and the dude is there again??

Some wild ideas of mine include:-
Fixing Spelling error in milspec centurion description (i think its centurion)

What about hiring permanent wingmen for your fleet (or can you do that?) That would be nice and you could get some serious action going on further on through the game. Of course you would want to have differeng AI sets.

A multi player thingy would be real nice, wouldnt have to be huge but i think it would be nice if you could make it so players could bring a carbon copy of thier campaign ship (or anyone of the ones they own) *shrug*. Oh and imagine brining in your AI fleet (above) into a multi game? or even co-operative campaign play that would be cool and easier to code maybe.

*wipes mouth* well excuse my idea vomit there guys maybe theres something in there you can use, if i pick up any bugs or think up any more syuff ill let ya know. And yeh love teh game alot.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Spelling: Low priority right now, anyway English isn't my first language so I am not qualified to do that.

Multiplayer: Out of my hands ^^;

Permanent Wingmen: You already can do that. Join both guilds, buy a Drayman, go to a commodity exhange, and buy some Demons under Starships/Hunter/Medium. Once in flight, use ctrl-x to launch them, and issue them orders as you would normally. To put them back in your hold, target them, tell them Form on my Wing, and use your capship tractor beam.
crouton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by crouton »

I'd be willing to go through and fix spelling mistakes. Just point me at 'em and I'll go to work.
Lone Wolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Lone Wolf »

My multiplayer dream would be a massively multiplayer game set in the WC Universe. You would choose to begin as a Human or a Kilrathi, then you're started off on a random planet somewhere in your side's territory with an ancient ship and a few credits. After that, it's up to you. You can join your race's military, become a traitor, or a pirate, bounty hunter, smuggler, or *honest* merchant. And since every other pilot is a real life person, things can get.....interesting. Could be a lot of fun (and a major headache to make).
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."-Admiral Geoffrey Tolwyn
Long live the Confederation!
crouton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by crouton »

I second the 'major headache' part. :)
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

It'll happen eventually I bet :)