Bits and pieces

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Penta
Trader
Trader

Bits and pieces

Post by Penta »

Hi all! I'm Penta2 over on crius.net.:-)

Now, some observations after playing the WCU version for the first time this morning.

Mostly with the news, or what it shows.

1. Should the Confeds be at war with anybody but the Kilrathi, for news purposes anyway?

2. Especially, why are the Merchants, Enforcers (which I assume are militia?), and the like at war w/ Confed?

3. Should the Confeds really be generating 'atrocity' messages when they take a system?

Something about these just doesn't feel right.
Lone Wolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Lone Wolf »

1. Not sure.

2. No.

3. No.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."-Admiral Geoffrey Tolwyn
Long live the Confederation!
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

I never even looked at the news system -- that definitely needs to get fixed. Lately I'm mostly trying to get the ship and universe layout right.
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Re: Bits and pieces

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

Penta wrote:1. Should the Confeds be at war with anybody but the Kilrathi, for news purposes anyway?
Prolly not ;)
2. Especially, why are the Merchants, Enforcers (which I assume are militia?), and the like at war w/ Confed?
Enforcers are more likely to be the bounty hunters. Dunno why they are at war with the confed.
3. Should the Confeds really be generating 'atrocity' messages when they take a system?
It makes sense if you read that news while in a kilrathi system (or in some system the confed is at war with). It's an atrocity to them.
Penta
Trader
Trader

Post by Penta »

MamiyaOtaru wrote:
Penta wrote:3. Should the Confeds really be generating 'atrocity' messages when they take a system?
It makes sense if you read that news while in a kilrathi system (or in some system the confed is at war with). It's an atrocity to them.
I was in Oxford.

Also, messages saying Kilrathi are coming from the New Detroit Training Academy, the worst on both sides.... :roll:
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Thanks! I need to look at the news really...

I'm almost done with destroyable/mineable asteroids now.
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

Penta wrote:
MamiyaOtaru wrote:
Penta wrote:3. Should the Confeds really be generating 'atrocity' messages when they take a system?
I was in Oxford.
Which is owned by the merchants IIRC, which for some reason were at war with the confed in your game :) To them, it was an atrocity. The thing that needs to be fixed is merchants at war with confed.