New Problem

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Alexandr0s

New Problem

Post by Alexandr0s »

I failed the 3rd mission from oxford, and by mistake saved on top of it, is there any way to fix files so save is right before that point?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Edit the save game file in .privateer/save/SaveGameName with some text editor (notepad?) and go to the line marked privateer_campaign.
On that line, change subtract 5 from the first number and then remove the last 5 numbers.

Should look something like:
privateer_campaign 65 1.000000 0.000000 1.000000 ... 0.000000 0.000000 1.000000 0.00000 0.00000 1.00000
Change that to:
privateer_campaign 60 1.000000 0.000000 1.000000 ... 0.000000

If it is still failed, remove/subtract a few more numbers
Then talk to the guy again to get the mission back.

Maybe that needs to be fixed
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

That's exactly what happened in the original Privateer; you fail a mission, you don't continue the storyline. If Alexandr0s was only using one savegame in Privateer, he'd be in the same boat.

The only problem is that Privateer allowed multiple savegames, where Vega Strike only allows one at a time. Well, you can have multiple savegames at the launcher level, but you can only access one at a time from within the game. The only problem that needs solving here, in my opinion, is the ability to save/load a much larger number of savegames from within Vega Strike.

Post by Guest »

Another thread perhaps?

Another problem

Yeh I had just kill a ship, and i thought i might harrass a pilot I was afterburning and i collided with the pilot so he goes shooting off at 1000+ so im like hey chase him som more and some how i end up going 3000+ after hitting him again and im like wow cool, so then i somehow endup going like 3000+ BACKWARDS i figured that might be a problem so i came here:-

email gumbo45c@tpg.com.au
Ari Rahikkala
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

peteyg wrote:The only problem is that Privateer allowed multiple savegames, where Vega Strike only allows one at a time. Well, you can have multiple savegames at the launcher level, but you can only access one at a time from within the game. The only problem that needs solving here, in my opinion, is the ability to save/load a much larger number of savegames from within Vega Strike.
.. hmm? I'm pretty sure I've been playing with an in-game save/load interface for a while on CVS VS...
Silverain
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by Silverain »

@Ari Rahikkala,

Check Peteyg's post date, i think Sept was before we brought the save function into the VS engine. Back then, everything was done in the launcher, and the .exe just ran the game.
THOUGHT CRIME! [points finger] THOUGHT CRIME!
Ari Rahikkala
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I see. I'll have to blame Guest for bumping this thread, then. Bad Guest! Bad!
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

phew, I was already freaking out about having caused major damage at things O_O,