Adding WCU ship to Gemini Gold

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
-DanR-
Trader
Trader

Adding WCU ship to Gemini Gold

Post by -DanR- »

Hello, long time! Not sure how busy this board is these days, but I've hit a wall and hoping somebody can help.

I want to play Privateer Gemini Gold again, but with a few extra ships added in for a deeper immersion feeling. To start, I decided to add the Sabre - using the model from the Wing Commander Universe files.

I added the Sabre files into the UNITS directory, I also edited the units.csv folder to include the line(s) for the Sabre (direct copy and paste from the WCU .csv)

I've also updated the factions.py file to include the Sabre.

When I start the game, (new game, the edit savefile to change my ship to Sabre) - the ship appears on the launchpad at Troy. I can take off and fly around, the weapons all work fine.

Trouble is, as soon as I hit 'external view' the game crashes to desktop. The same is true if I try to autopilot.

Can anybody shed some light on where I'm going wrong?

Many thanks in advance.
Never rush a Jalthi head on.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Adding WCU ship to Gemini Gold

Post by loki1950 »

Were there any log files generated they will be named stdout and stderr under Windows they have a .txt extension that should give you a better idea on what really happened.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
-DanR-
Trader
Trader

Post by -DanR- »

loki1950 wrote:Were there any log files generated they will be named stdout and stderr under Windows they have a .txt extension that should give you a better idea on what really happened.

Thanks for quick reply - problem solved, seems I had to edit the units.csv and change the afterburner effect input line.

It previously said 'blueflame' but needed changing to 'supernova' as per the other ships in Gemini Gold.

Flying great now, will be good to play this game again. Thanks as always. :D
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Glad you got it sorted :D

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
-DanR-
Trader
Trader

Post by -DanR- »

loki1950 wrote:Glad you got it sorted :D

Thank you again!

Since I have your attention, is there any possibility I could ask a favor? Could you point me in the direction of the Wing Commander Universe ship pack? The original download is nowhere to be seen online these days.

Thanks in advance! :mrgreen:

-Dan

Edit: Hahaha! Scratch this message too, I've now found the necessary files on Sourceforge. Amazing, I spend days trying to find the answers to my problems, post them on here and then work it out for myself in a matter of minutes!

This is great! How about this one? How do I become a billionaire in 24 hours?

*Awaits fate*

:mrgreen: