i need the wcuniverse ships

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
seeks
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

i need the wcuniverse ships

Post by seeks »

Hello, Im a die hard privateer fan

After i saw those screenshots of the wcuniverse mod in the gallery, im obsessed about gettting a copy so that i can fly those ships (centaurion, galaxy, orion & tarsus). But for some reason its impossible to find the models or anything related to this project (except xmesh for the arrow in the cvs). I asked Daniel Horn about it and he told me to ask mamiat0ru, and i did, twice, but he never replied. So is there anybody involved with the wcmod project who can send me a copy of the ships so that i can finally relive my glorious privateer 1 days? And if possible I would really appreciate a copy of the 3ds or obj files as well, so that I can play around with them in 3d studio and figure out how to make them. Then in return I could help making models for the rest of the ships and bases (like the paradigm or even perry naval base), and everyone would benefit ;)

-Seeks
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

i'll see what I can do seeks...
would you be willing to contribute to the project--a lot of these ships aren't armed yet or anything and need someone to go through and add weapons and things....
it sounds like a perfect job for someone as enthusiastic as you

i'll see if I can't contact mamiya myself--however I do believe he took a week break because he's moving from one house to antoher
maybe that's why he hasn't answered...he's not been on ICQ as well
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
seeks
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by seeks »

yes im more than willing to contribute. be ware that i have to learn modeling for vegastrike before i can really start mass producing those ships/bases, but a few tutorials is all i need and im there baby ;P

-seeks
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

you can also click the VS EXT link--you can get many of the WC ships there...but not all fo them

I'll try to get mamiya to give you his as well
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

If I ever ignore someone, it isn't on purpose :) Like Hellcat said, I just left my apartment. I'm at my grandfather's helping him with computer stuff and painting. With some luck, I shold be at home with my computer in another 5 days or so.

We could always use any help we can get. Wil love to talk to you about it in a few days.
Darkmage
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Darkmage »

wing commander ships are 28mb total, I've been working on priv but it's not finished yet, I need texture artists and stat editors MAINLY texture artists.
scheherazade
Developer
Developer

Post by scheherazade »

i can make the priv. bases. i have been irked by the VS base quality, and i am already working on some detailed models, with the insides built and everything. i'll have you fly into perry and actually dock on the landing platforms inside :)

-scheherazade
mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by mkruer »

I can probably create the textures for the ships, but my main problem is that I have never been good a mapping the ships with the textures. Hell I have ships-o-plenty that still need to be textured form 2yrs ago. Sad but true.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said.
But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Wing Commander Universe Forum | Wiki
Wing Commander: The Wasteland Incident
Angel29103

Post by Angel29103 »

The whole secret is to take screenshots of the unwrapped uvw map. And repaint them in Photoshop.