Just had some time to play the game

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Just had some time to play the game

Post by Fireskull »

The reason for my sudden silence is because my install was completely bugged and to top I lost my uptopatch11.zip. Plus RL problems. So, I redownloaded, reinstalled.

Here we go.

1) The talon cockpit kicks ass :P

2) The mesh for the gladius makes it look that the ship can hold four guns. It does in the standoff. It makes sence that the decomissioned version holds three though. But eh, I decided to report this just incase that wanst intentional.I dont know if the gladius the militia flies holds 3 or four guns, but I believe it should be 4.

3) The shipscales are still wrong. I saw the confedcarrier increased its size, but paradigms look just the same.

I have a guess of what happened. Spirit, you just took my numbers and replaced the shipscales with them right? In that case, I think I was not clear with what those numbers were. What I tried to say was: You pick those numbers and multiply them by the current shipscale, not replace them.

I will give the same example I gave before: The shipscale of the paradigm in the old units.cvs was 3.1. The number I gave was 3.11. So, 3.1x3.11 is 9.1 ( or something close to it ) thats the new number for shipscale. A 9.1 scale would have the paradigm be about 300 meters long.

Unless of course, if the new scales werent implemented yet and the carrier is longer for just some odd reason. I really really hope they werent implemented wrong.. because if we lost the old units.cvs I will have to redo everything to get the unitscales right again :P

4) Those jump points need a new graphic, but everyone knows this by now I guess.

5) The game is running better than before, but its still slow.

6) I dont get any music at all.

7) The mining bases rule.

8) Malcom rules, god.. I am laughing my ass off.

9) Congrats for the game spirit. I can see this is developing well.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

add weird game crashes to the list.

Once it crashed after I jumped in a system, then after it crashed when I was in a base main screen, doing like nothing.
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Re: Just had some time to play the game

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

Fireskull wrote:1) The talon cockpit kicks ass :P
Sure does. We have masteroforion to thank for that.
2) The mesh for the gladius makes it look that the ship can hold four guns. It does in the standoff.
Simple answer: it had 3 in Privateer, so it does in the remake as well. It certainly wouldn't hurt to change it for WCU.
7) The mining bases rule.
We can thank Chris Hale for the model. I did the mapping, but I don't want to claim the texture lol
9) Congrats for the game spirit. I can see this is developing well.
It is pretty awesome to watch this grow. Onward Geistklempnerin!
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Another thing that happened to mining bases is that now each mining base looks different ;)
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

Sweet. That would be what he's talking about then hehe. For that, you have WCU to thank. Stuff goes in and I don't even know about it sometimes :D
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Ship scales: I think I held out on that until you gave me all the numbers... the carrier looks bigger becase it has otherwise been revamped a bit, for example you can fly through it now.

I did a little thing to the executable that allows subunits to be spawned or not randomly. This is good for:

(1) asteroid fields
(2) bases since we can have random superstructures, thus giving each base a unique appearance.

Just have the string "randomspawn" in a subunit's name and use its warp capacitance (integer 1~99, using real 0~1 caused badness) as the probability of spawning. Warp capacitance in a subunit doesn't get used anyway :)

Again, very good for asteroids, if nothing else :) take a look at the wcu units.csv, you may want to put this in PR or even GG.

and hey, thank all the people who are working on this. including you :P i'm just kinda putting lego blocks together is all. Like the German name btw ^-^
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

I forgot one bug.

I was flying a talon, it got hit by a subatomic particle and lost its shields and armor ( well, i actually crashed on a tarsus.. but eh ) and I went to repair the ship.

When I launched and checked my status, I had like 2000% hull :P my armor was above 100% too.

About the gladius: I say origin did a lousy job with them in the original privateer and we have every single right to put four guns in them :P
Captin cocksniff
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Captin cocksniff »

I hear you on the gladius, in armada it was a heavy fighter, i think even a bomber. either way it had a lot of guns (in armada). so 4 is a good comprimise.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

Another bug:

I bought a drayman to test it a bit.

1) The reactor is wrong. When you buy a rector it goes under "Reactors"

"Reactors

Reactorlevel4" or something

But the drayman reactor inst listed under reactors, its listed under reactor. So, when you buy a new reactor it goes under reactors instead of reactor and you have two separate lists of reactors.

Confusing eh? Well.. its enough to know it should be listed under "Reactors" not "Reactor". I am sure this will bring some weird bugs up if we dont change it.

Aaaand, when I launched the ship it already had its hull damaged. Quite weird since it didnt have anything damaged in the ship repair screen.

Besides that, I took a mission to destroy a caernaven and got my ass kicked, bad :P was fun though.