Turrets

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Turrets

Post by Fireskull »

I have noticed that the reactors of the turrets get depleted rather quickly, and after only two shoots they begin firing only one of their two guns. I have tested this with particle and meson guns.

This halves the firepower of turrets, and even if you can afford a better reactor you cant change the one in the turrets.

Maybe the best solution for this is to give a slightly better reactor to turrets?
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

I'm going to try to bind the turret reactor level to the reactor level of the parent unit.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
smbarbour
Fearless Venturer
Fearless Venturer

Post by smbarbour »

You can try to bind the radar too if you can.
I've stopped playing. I'm waiting for a new release.

I've kicked the MMO habit for now, but if I maintain enough money for an EVE-Online subscription, I'll be gone again.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

So what else do we want to bind? This is a fairly extensive change in the VS code, so I have to clear it by the experts. :)

I wanted to say that turretradar= mainradar and turretreactor=mainreactor/numberofturrets. (This gives the player the option of, say, deciding to carry 1 turret only on their Galaxy in order to put big guns on it).
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.