Wiki pages for deletion

The most appropriate place for Questions, Queries, and Quandaries regarding the nature of the Vega Strike universe and its past, present, or future history. Home to the occasional unfortunate RetCon.
Silverain
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Wiki pages for deletion

Post by Silverain »

@JackS

Reviewing the wiki, I'm noticing a lot of dead/unused/old/legacy wiki pages that could safely be deleted. Do we have a process to arrange dead pages?

On the old wiki, we created a "Deletion" page which listed all pages ready for deletion, which (I think) ace123 use to go through every once and a while.

Alternatively, set up a special page being a deletion page

Or, to be really radical, give me administrative access so I can do it directly! :shock: Yeh, I didn't think it would be wise either... heheh.

Some process would be good though, since dead pages are growing quite large.

P.S. I think we are getting close to where we can delete the old phpwiki that we have been keeping for legacy reference. I'll be checking through it, but I believe nearly everything has been transferred over.

Would you prefer to be notified that the whole thing can go (so delete it only then), or are you willing to delete the old wiki section by section (in which case the manual section can go immediately :) )
THOUGHT CRIME! [points finger] THOUGHT CRIME!
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

..are there replacements/updates on those pages? Some old ones are misleading... some howtos especially. :wink:
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
Silverain
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by Silverain »

Oblivion wrote:..are there replacements/updates on those pages? Some old ones are misleading... some howtos especially. :wink:
Are you referring to the OLD phpwiki? If so, that's what I still have to check - what pages have been updated into mediawiki. I think, though, that the php howtos have all been moved accross, same with manual pages, faq. I think its only the more esoteric pages still missing.

If you are referring to current howto pages in mediawiki (the one you go to by clicking the button in top navigation), then its only a matter of updating old information with newer content.
THOUGHT CRIME! [points finger] THOUGHT CRIME!