ISO details

The most appropriate place for Questions, Queries, and Quandaries regarding the nature of the Vega Strike universe and its past, present, or future history. Home to the occasional unfortunate RetCon.
drvoke
Merchant
Merchant

ISO details

Post by drvoke »

The Q&A grab bag describes them as Trots, but the first sticky post here says the grab bag is defunct. How about the ISO as closer to IWW? You could even supplant the fist or the hammer/sickle with the Sabo-cat symbol of the IWW since in the wiki it describes the ISO's main MO as sabotage and their goal as worker control of the means of production. Seems to fit in with a militant vision of the IWW more than Trotskyism.

If the ISO's aims were that Soviet, you would think they would have military and economic domination somewhere and wouldn't be a "fringe" group.. And it'd be nice to have the ISO as a potentially more sympathetic group. I know this is JackS's area, so I'd definitely like to hear his thoughts on the ISO as well as anyone else's as to how far the canon stretches. I'd like to write more history for this group if that position is open, so knowing the contraints of canon would be helpful.
My poems crush bones into powder,
You mumble like a coward,
I'm Mos Def, you need to speak louder!
(Speed Law)