Done moving from phpwiki?

The most appropriate place for Questions, Queries, and Quandaries regarding the nature of the Vega Strike universe and its past, present, or future history. Home to the occasional unfortunate RetCon.
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Done moving from phpwiki?

Post by Halleck »

I noticed that Zeog recently removed the template stating that we are moving the content from the old php wiki, his rationale being that the link itself was broken.

My question is- are we finished moving all the content?
Zeog
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Zeog »

JackS and HellCatV are suspecting the old wiki to be (accidently?) deleted by someone due to a diskspace quota. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to be working again with a few mouse clicks, if at all...
So, unfortunately there isn't any point in asking whether or not we are done. Right now, the old wiki content is classified as "lost".
I removed the sign to get some of the "under heavy construction"-look off the front page, since we can't do anything about it.

I took a look into the old wiki a while ago (months) and found that we were not finished moving the content. But things as the ship descriptions and the complete list of vessels & instalations are still available in some pdf-file in the CVS tree.

However, I double checked that we are done moving everything from the CVS/history/species directory (did the last lines by myself). The history/faction remains unchecked.
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

That's too bad. Luckily for us, though, the Internet Archive has a copy from November 2004.

http://web.archive.org/web/200411270313 ... /index.php
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

I do not believe that there was anything of overarching significance that still resided in the old wiki at the time of its demise. Therefore, think we might as well remove the old links, as the utility of spending much time searching for anything we had yet to grab is probably very low.
Zeog
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Zeog »

The really valuable pieces of information in the old wiki are residing in the Database. But I found that most of what is there has been 1:1 copied from the Q&A Grab Bags. Anything else, such as the Manual, FAQ, Development isn't of any use anymore.
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

All right. I think I will post the above link to the new wiki somewhere for archival purposes (in case somebody needs to find something).
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Fixed.

Sorry, we all thought that it had been deleted. I investigated, and found that the fgdbm files were actually symbolic links pointing to a directory which had been moved into /tmp/persistent due to sourceforge's new read-only policy.

I simply updated those symlinks to the new location in /tmp/persistent, and now it works.

So no, nothing at all was deleted. It was just an error because we had to deal with upgrading a lot of stuff at once.

EDIT: The old wiki still resides here:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/

if only I had known that it would have been so simple to fix...
(hits head with keyboard... no that doesn't really work)
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

D'oh.
It would have been nice of them to tell somebody. :|