Ship descriptions

The most appropriate place for Questions, Queries, and Quandaries regarding the nature of the Vega Strike universe and its past, present, or future history. Home to the occasional unfortunate RetCon.
JonathanD
Mercenary
Mercenary

Ship descriptions

Post by JonathanD »

Ok, here goes :p

I would really like to write up some documentation on the various ships in the game... so you have some clue what it is your buying, when you buy one. This is something that kinda glares at me and I'd like to help out, so the question is...

How?

IF I can even do this, it's gonna be a huge job, and I would like to start out by three things... one, is someone already working on this, two, is it worth doing now or will ships be changing too much, and three, can anyone help.

So... what WOULD help me is for those who fly the various player flyable ships to tell me a bit about your ship. How does it handle, how do you feel about it, what bothers you about it... should the carpet have been red, instead of green? Is the "self destruct" button too close to the "flight attendent page" button?

Let me know what you think of your ship and of course what ship it is, and if I get the go ahead to do this, we'll have some real-pilots opinions of ships.

dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

I think you'll find that a lot of the 'how does it feel' stuff has already changed in CVS ... so I say go for it, but accept testemonies from those basing it on cvs only :-)

It might also be nice to coordinate with jack a bit to get some more of the ships with proper written backstories(?) :-)

Dan.a
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso
Duke Derek
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Duke Derek »

i dont have enough time to give a hand with this (sorry) but i do say that this would be a wonderful idea, i really have no idea about all the ships and what they are best at, this is the reason why im keeping my Llama at the moment and getting annihilated so some guidance would be ace
JonathanD
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by JonathanD »

Perhaps it's best to wait until the rebalance is done then... otherwise the information might well be useless!

I could start on histories, perhaps, if that information can be found somewhere.
Duke Derek
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Duke Derek »

as far as descriptions are concerned, one for Missiles/Torpedos and Guns (mainly the special ones) would be ace, i have no idea what most of them do and usually cant figure it out by trying them out either...
JonathanD
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by JonathanD »

I'd love to do that, but it's tough getting even general info on them. I guess I could base it on the weapons.xml... we can always add historical info later.
Duke Derek
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Duke Derek »

as i said, i'd just like to know what they actually do as i only ever use dumbfires at the moment seeing as theyre powerful and i know exactly how to use them and what to expect.