Please Only Put "Authoritative" Data into the Wiki

The most appropriate place for Questions, Queries, and Quandaries regarding the nature of the Vega Strike universe and its past, present, or future history. Home to the occasional unfortunate RetCon.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Please Only Put "Authoritative" Data into the Wiki

Post by jackS »

The Vega Strike universe is NOT an exercise in independent collaborative fiction. Please refrain from entering unsolicited, unscreened, or unwaranted speculations about the nature of various factions, species, etc. into the VS universe database - even if one thought VS to be a collaborative fiction of the anarchist sort, one could have asked, so it remains rude. Admittedly, we did not previously have direct warnign posts such as this. The management apologizes for any complicity in confusion.

That said, policing the wiki and rolling back such changes is a less than pleasant task.

If one wishes to contribute, or is dismayed at the absence of any piece or pieces of data, one should ask, query, inquire - that is to say, communicate - via appropriate channels. We have a wiki because we are engaged in a collaborative attempt at documenting and presenting data that has been generated concerning the VS universe, and because we, as a community, would like to think we're up to developing a culture where that is a pleasant venture.

I'd like to think that we have developed, at least for a community that exists almost entirely in internet space, a culture of courtesy. Becoming acquainted with 'local' VS community customs before using shared resources will help us to maintain this tradition.

Thank you.
Last edited by jackS on Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

I have toned down the above post somewhat. I was in a somewhat aggrivated state when I originally wrote it (primarily due to the wiki login functionality being broken at the time). There was no cause to be quite so biting. Apologies.

In all cases that I can think of, those people who have added unsubstantiated data to the wiki have done so with the best of intentions of helping the project, and were simply uninformed as to the relationship between the documentation and generation of data regarding aspects of the VS universe.

Motivated, interested, active users are clearly something we desire, and the onus is currently on us to make it easier (one could even argue possible) for them to work within something resembling a functional organizational structure.
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Re:

Post by ezee »

jackS wrote:I have toned down the above post somewhat. I was in a somewhat aggrivated state when I originally wrote it (primarily due to the wiki login functionality being broken at the time). There was no cause to be quite so biting. Apologies.

In all cases that I can think of, those people who have added unsubstantiated data to the wiki have done so with the best of intentions of helping the project, and were simply uninformed as to the relationship between the documentation and generation of data regarding aspects of the VS universe.

Motivated, interested, active users are clearly something we desire, and the onus is currently on us to make it easier (one could even argue possible) for them to work within something resembling a functional organizational structure.
Cool .
I've been invited by Loki to participate into the wiki , and it's a good way to learn more
about the history/ambition of VegaStrike .
I think also that we could work together and make our virtual world better .
( i've tried with the real one and you know what ... :lol: )

So a lot of links in the wiki need to be visited and sometime fixed .
I've found one in the Development:Economy that refer to a thread in the forum
that no more exist .

As i think that a dynamic trading system is a cool feature to develop , i will open a new thread and update the wiki for the occasion:
http://wiki.vega-strike.org/Development:Economy

Code: Select all

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
                // So what are you going to threaten me with? Exhaustion gas?
                return ThreatLevel::None;
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki