Question: SuCets & SuSims

The most appropriate place for Questions, Queries, and Quandaries regarding the nature of the Vega Strike universe and its past, present, or future history. Home to the occasional unfortunate RetCon.
kbi
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Question: SuCets & SuSims

Post by kbi »

Are there still going to be these two client races in Vega Strike? They are mentioned in the wiki and I'm just wondering if it was someone's passing hope?

* Super Cetaceans (SuCets)
* Super Simians (SuSims)

Thx
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

The SuSims are going to be quite prevalent in High-Born space as servants. While there are still SuCets around, they are generally considered a "failed" experiment, never thinking in a sufficiently compatible manner to become either useful tools or partners, and requiring cybernetic additions that were too costly, post nano-plague, for novelty value. Small communities of SuCets exist on some of the more affluent and metropolitan Oceanic worlds, and their largest community, though quite small, remains on Earth.
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

Why not make SuCets pilots of large freighters? I've read a book - I forgot the author AND the title. hehe but their FTL ship "navigators" were giant squids - Architeuthys princeps. Super Dolphins (or Whales/Porpoises, the term SuCet does not clarify what species they WERE.) could be expendable truckers for a greedy human faction. Just an idea... :)
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...