couple of questions suggesting....

The most appropriate place for Questions, Queries, and Quandaries regarding the nature of the Vega Strike universe and its past, present, or future history. Home to the occasional unfortunate RetCon.

couple of questions suggesting....

Post by Newbie »

at least 1 to 3 more lien races that are something similar to, avian, canine, reptilian, feline, human, robot, insectoid, etc types...

I think most sci-fi series would not want to have a race that looks like an anthromorphic(meaning an animal which exactly looks like the one from earth) type or anything that looks like half animal, half human etc... because it would be so unrealistic and stupid.. but at least original but it woulden't make any sense.. unless if there is a race that is similar to one of those types I described above... or a mix in between. most sci-fi series are most likley to have races that looks like and have human characteristics and such which I find boring.

and the second suggestion, how about the vegastrike universe taking place besides in the solar system..why?? because in most sci-fi games I ran into, seem to always take place where you are a human on planet earth batteling the evil martins on planet mars in the year 2xxx or something like that. to me, I find this type of concept very boring and unoriginal to a point where I lose interest in the sci-fi gerne. if there was a backstory where they have abandoned earth a long time ago, then I would accept that but I would highly recommend that the universe should take place to a point where no one has heard about the solar system or even planet earth..

if vegastrike has a backstory line that exist, then I apologize on this issue but I wonder ig its possible if vegastrike could have another storyline.

but anyways, let your imagination run wild!!
Alaskan
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Alaskan »

I really have to ask...

Have you played the game?

Nay, have you downloaded the game?
2 133t for joo!!!
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

You are guessing alot about VegaStrike's background story, etc.. :lol:
A few points:
*) Vegastrike isn't SOL based, i don't know the exact number, but i would estimate between thousands and hundreds of thousands of stellar systems in the current game. You don't even START in the SOL system,you have to find your way there to see it ;)
*) There are already _very_ different (non-humanoid) species in the VegaStrike Universe.
Newbie wrote:if vegastrike has a backstory line that exist, then I apologize on this issue but I wonder ig its possible if vegastrike could have another storyline.
I would suggest you to read through the database section in the wiki-manual and the documention-forum. Alot of your requests are already there or currently being discussed over.

Here a few links:
VegaStrike Database (in the manual, especially the Timeline/Species/Faction section)
Documentation & Document Generation (Forum, post your new ideas there )

'How does Aera look like?' Thread in the Artwork forum

Currently needed (documentation-wise):
*) help for JackS (our 'Minister of Information' and 'God of the VegaStrike Universe') .. he is a busy man ;)
*) modelled appearance of other races after the description in the manual

Pontiac

PS: Could a mod please move this thread to the Documentation forum?
Ari Rahikkala
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Last I visited sol/sol it wasn't set up yet anyway (it had only one planet, can't remember what kind anymore)... and I don't think anybody's gotten around to it anyway. As far as I can tell it would basically have to be done by JackS anyway since that place is obviously pretty critical to the integrity of the story, and he hasn't gotten the time for it yet... or something like that...

Anyway anyway <- I'm not content with only three occurrences of the word "anyway" in one post
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

Sol/Sol is pretty beautiful--not sure the cargo prices are set there yet tho
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/