Aera homeworld?

The most appropriate place for Questions, Queries, and Quandaries regarding the nature of the Vega Strike universe and its past, present, or future history. Home to the occasional unfortunate RetCon.
providence2010
Merchant
Merchant

Post by providence2010 »

You can't buy vitik's in game. There are only certain ships they actually bothered to place in the economy at the moment so it can be easier to balance.

Besides, the vitik really isn't that good. They have an assault cruiser that's much better for attack that's somewhat smaller, with lots of anti-capship torpedos.

If anything, just mod your save file so you have that ship, and you'll be set.
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

That sounds like the Kahan... tons of torpedoes and a pair of P-Minus beams. Still slow and unweildy, better than a Vitik, worse than a Mule. And I've never found it for sale either. I stick with a Goddard or a Pacifier.
providence2010
Merchant
Merchant

Post by providence2010 »

No, the Kahan is a human ship. It definitely is just as bad as the vitik in terms of turning, but pretty amazing in terms of firepower (though they need to figure out how to make the torpedos not blow each other up).

I was referring to the Yrilan, which turns pretty fast, has pretty good beam weapons, and has torpedo launching turrets (aka, infinite torpedos). You have to add it into your save file to get it.

Teslas are pretty awesome, turn faster than kahans and viktiks, and actually have storage space, unlike the yrilan. However, they're not very good for anti-capship work.
Captain{}Blood
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Captain{}Blood »

Here is a thought. I start a rogue phantom pirate clan that hires out in mercenary fashion and pillages the loot from the systems we overwhelm.
I get a whole stable of mercenary pirate with a cloaked carrier as a base.
credits in the billions I can hand over a system to a faction with no risk on their part and all they have to do is move in :twisted:
The RPB Squadron will be born again once the Multi-player version gets set up. (RPB == Rape , Pillage and Burn!)
What do you think
MostlyconfusedFPSer
Merchant
Merchant

Post by MostlyconfusedFPSer »

I've been reading this thread and WOW. My game is just kind of lazy. Like I'll get close to a jump point and I'll randomly be attack by every faction that isn't Aera, Luddite, Pirate or ISO... The universe hates me and I honestly don't know why... But there's no REAL massive fleet attacks or invasion forces. It's mainly "Shlimazel find and skirmish" kind of gameplay... It's annoying.

Anyway, that's not the point of this post. My nav computer hasn't recorded the Thuteilylk system into itself yet so what's the flightpath that I can follow to get to this "supposedly massive" system?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Just start an new game you may get lucky.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
MostlyconfusedFPSer
Merchant
Merchant

Post by MostlyconfusedFPSer »

Well I found the Thuteilyk System (this morning)... I must be really lazy 'Cause I didn't find it 'til I explored ALOT of Aera space.. Anyway I saw a couple of Aera ships and a Mining Base or two but that was it, no "Armada of Death"
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Stuff shifts around due to the simulation and dynamic universe code. Sorry. :|